Corsair Community

CUE Conistantly Crashing With MMO Scimitar Mouse.. On the worlds biggest MMO..

MURDERTR4IN

Dear Corsair

I purchased a Scimitar mouse a little over 2 weeks ago. Installed it, updated to the latest firmware.. and started gaming.

With WoW, I am consistently getting CUE crash in the background while I am mashing the thumb buttons. I have uninstalled, reinstalled etc. Nothing seems to stop this unacceptable crashing.

Load the program up in the background.. after a crash.. and it crashes half an hour later.

It seems the CUE software is not keeping up with the button pressing, and crashing.

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64.

I have been reading these forums, there are dozens of people with the same problem specifically with World Of Warcraft.. spread all over different threads.

I have started this new thread specific to the problem with WoW, to hope and pool people with the issue together so Corsair do realize it is bigger than a few people here or there.

As examples from a 5 min search :

There are talks of people uploading dump files here : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=161682

Another thread about it here : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=161631

There are people on reddit with the problem here : https://m.reddit.com/r/Corsair/comments/4uguwv/corsair_utility_engine_scimitar_stop_working/

How on earth Corsair get away with selling an MMO mouse that crashes on the worlds biggest MMO beats the hell out of me. I love the mouse, but this buggy software is edging me closer to a refund and never supporting the brand again.

How many more people need to complain about this same isolated issue before this issue is fixed?

Have just uninstalled & going to try previous version 1.16.42.

Latest Nvidia drivers, all the time..

**edit** FANTASTIC! The previous version 1.16.42 OF COURSE does not recognize the CUE file I exported from the latest version!

Time to remap all of my functions again. Yay Corsair!

The latest version has changed quite a lot how profiles and everything else is saved/exported. It it normal that a newer version profile cannot be imported into an older one.

The latest version of the same product, does not necessarily make it 'normal' for the file extensions to change.

I would more call that abnormal.

Having said that, I have been running the older version all night with 0 crashes..

GG new version crap.

Nice interface, ****ty functionality for many people.

Well, I can agree with you if we're talking about minor software updates. But CUE 2 is a major rewrite so yes, it is "normal" that new profiles won't work on older versions. That's just me speaking as a developer though, as a normal user I would probably expect it to be compatible too.

• Corsair Employee
Lets hope the developers can get the mmo mouse working with the biggest mmo of them all then, right?

The more information we have, the better.

Can you PM me the crash dump and DXDIAG info? Instructions for creating a crash dump, check out this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=159606

If you haven't, please try updating to the latest version of your graphics driver. This is something I know can cause CUE to crash if you're on an older version of GFE specifically.

I'll also be trying to recreate the crash on my side (Win10 x64 with K70 LUX and Scimitar). I've been using the Scimitar on WoW since Legion launched with no issue as of yet.

Attached is the profile.

The issue is non existant with the older version of CUE 1.16.42

Installed that and it has never crashed once.

There was no issue with the video card driver, recently purchased a GTX1080 and was running the latest drivers.

There are tons of others uploading their dump files through other forum threads here, lots of people complaining with the same issues of CUE crashing due to buttons on the side being pressed.

I don't think I will uninstall the old working version to be the guinea pig of the new version, when it should have worked on release.

You have plenty of other people complaining of the exact same issue.

Corsair Profile.cueprofile

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Looks like plenty of other threads opened with more people complaining.

Any resolution yet?

We are unable to reproduce this and are still looking into it. The hardest problem with software issues like this is the unpredictability in when it occurs and how it can be reproduced.

Hello!

I use keyboard "STRAFE RGB".

After the upgrade "Corsair Utility Engine" to version 2.5.66 (09.28.2016), in the game BDO (Black Desert) I have problems (lags, freezing). Macros and other settings are missing.

Video: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWakyPvnEUI[/ame]

When working with the application version "1.16.42" everything is fine.

Try this

Open your CUE folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine

Open the "bearer" folder.

Delete both .dll in this folder.

Thank you, the solution works! In the meantime, I test, but it became better.

Correct please this "bug" that other users have written you so much :)

Hello!

I use keyboard "STRAFE RGB".

After the upgrade "Corsair Utility Engine" to version 2.5.66 (09.28.2016), in the game BDO (Black Desert) I have problems (lags, freezing). Macros and other settings are missing.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWakyPvnEUI

When working with the application version "1.16.42" everything is fine.

Thank you, the solution works! In the meantime, I test, but it became better.

Correct please this "bug" that other users have written you so much :)

Thanks for catching this and posting here. I play BDO, and haven't updated my CUE yet. I think I will wait now until they get this fixed. I have version 2.4.66 and so far it is working fine on windows 10 (Anniversary).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hey guys!

We're looking into this issue and trying to find what links all these crashes together. This is what we need from you so that we can do that:

Please perform the following steps:

1. Recreate the crash.

2. Go to the Event Viewer within Windows (Start > run > eventvwr.msc)

3. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column.

Please copy the text on the General Tab and send it to us so we can look into this issue.

We'll also want a copy of your system information. Here is the best way to obtain it:

To obtain the DXDIAG file:

1. Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time).

2. Type "dxdiag", and select "OK".

3. At the bottom right, there will be a "Save All Information" button, select it.

This will create and save a text file named "DxDiag" onto your desktop with all your system configurations.

This is the quickest way to get us what we need to solve the problem for everybody. We've also been asked by our dev team if you can import your profile over so we can check how all of your devices are mapped.

Please, just provide what you can. We have no plans to leave any of you behind here, but we can't do anything without information.

• 2 months later...

Archived