Corsair Community

XMP for CMY16GX3M2A2400C11A on Gigabyte Z97-UD3H motherboard ?

BWoo

CPU: I5-4670k

The motherboard is a few years older than this model DDR3, so, of course, it's not in the list available in the BIOS of DDR3 manufacturers/model-numbers. I assume the motherboard does not support XMP 1.3.

So, I chose a different manufacturer's 2400 setting, and I'm running the system now, which seems fine, although I have no clue as to the level the memory is performing at.

I'd appreciate any advice on setting up the Vengeance Pro memory at its rated speed ... I have no wish to overclock.

thanks, Bill

Thanks for your response ! This is a Z97-D3H v. 1.0; whether that's a designation used in S.E. Asia, and UD3H is used in other areas I don't know. I'm unable to determine from the Gigabyte web-site if this model supports XMP 1.3.

But, yes, it does support XMP in the BIOS, and I have that enabled. My question involves the selection of Memory Manufacturer/Type in the drop-down available which is enabled when XMP is enabled. There are some listings for Corsair Dominator DDR3, but none for Vengeance models, or 2400 speed.

But, since upgrading my memory, today, to two sets of that excellent Vengeance 16/2400 duo, just before getting ready to revel/wallow in 32gb., ... something truly weird has happened including the computer no longer recognizing LogiTech G-930 headphones, the GigaByte App center latest version crashing and some other odd stuff :) So, that will teach me to touch the hardware ! Could be some Win 10 update ... who knows ?

cheers, Bill

Don't mix up the Extreme Memory Profile which is memory specific with the Gigabyte memory overclocking presets. The presets are primarily intended for (extreme) overclocking and benchmarking, hence why some of them use extreme voltages and are probably not suitable for 24/7 use on air cooling.

Thanks for your response ! I have pretty well decided that leaving the motherboard's XMP turned on at its "default" setting is the way to go. No signs of over-heating (I am not over-clocking the CPU), and Gigabyite's system-information utility show the memory speed as wandering around between 2440 and 2480mb.

cheers, Bill.

Archived