Corsair Community

Size of Air 540 clear panel

Zirq

I'm trying to find out the size of the clear window on the Air 540. Not the size of the entire side panel, just the size of the clear window. If anyone knows (or can measure their own 540 even!), I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

-Zirq

One more thing to be aware of... the plexi attaches to the interior in a slightly unusual way. Rather than a bracket clamping down from the exterior, it is reversed and the 'hinge' goes through the plexi at the edge. Hopefully you can see it below. This means if you are replacing the plexi with something else, it might be necessary to modify or remove those brackets.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/c-attack/540%20glass%20bracket%202_zpslhmtbgtp.jpg' alt='540%20glass%20bracket%202_zpslhmtbgtp.jpg'>

[

Very good to know, thank you! I'm not actively looking to replace the plexi, but it's on my longterm list of possibilities-a design etched into the window, perhaps.

Currently, I'm just planning on a decal on the clear window. I saw one person do this with a Batman logo, and with extra LEDS added, I quite liked how it looked. I'm sure a lot of people hate it, but I'm doing it for myself, not to resell after I do it!

I was able to request a quote for the size I wanted last night, thanks to your providing the measurements =). Otherwise, I was going to have to wait until the 540 I ordered arrived today (I can get impatient when I'm excited about an idea, lol).

Very, very quick mock up of what I'm intending, in case you're curious why I wanted the measurements:

jTzLLWV.jpg

Archived