Corsair Community

Is the 740 replacing the 540 ?

Dicehunter

It is about 5cm taller to accommodate some of the improvements, but the other dimensions are similar. It addresses some of the common criticisms of the 540, but your overall fan/radiator placement capacity is more or less the same, apart from the revamp of the bottom. Most telling is the price point. It comes in at the same retail price as a 540. I can't see them continuing to manufacture the 540 going forward.

I do like the changes, but it lost its cubical nature in the upgrade. I might miss that.

It is about 10cm taller to accommodate some of the improvements, but the other dimensions are similar. It addresses some of the common criticisms of the 540, but your overall fan/radiator placement capacity is more or less the same, apart from the revamp of the bottom. Most telling is the price point. It comes in at the same retail price as a 540. I can't see them continuing to manufacture the 540 going forward.

I do like the changes, but it lost its cubical nature in the upgrade. I might miss that.

It looks like the ugly love child of a 400C and 540, Really not liking this direction to be honest.

I'd take the 540 any day of the week, Best case I've used in years.

I don't know. It's growing on me. I need to see one in person. It's also only 5cm taller and the ridges should help diffuse the asymmetry. I think I would have liked to see this be the "545 or 550" and then/or make a true size upgraded 740 that could do 3x140mm front or a 360mm radiator up top. The 900D is the only really large case and it might be nice to see an opposing design in that category. I guess they still could.

However, for the moment I am interested in the other colors that may be on offer. I am sure the matte black will be the most popular, but this is an opportunity to add something more. There might be a few people missing their yellow and it does seem to be the brand focus at the moment.

Archived