Corsair Community

Asus x58, 12gb Consair RAM upgrade help!

4rusty

Hi Community!

I am looking to upgrade the RAM on my Asus P6T x58 motherboard from its current 6gb to 10gb or 12gb. I have searched the internet high and low for solutions however people seem to be having all sorts of problem with this.

As each slot can only support 2gb of RAM, could anyone please tell me if installing two sets of Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1333 MHz (TR3X6G1333C9) would be compatible? I can't seem to find a 12gb kit (6x2gb) available anymore, so was hoping I could just get two sets of triple channel memory.

Many thanks for your time!

Josh

Hi Community!

I am looking to upgrade the RAM on my Asus P6T x58 motherboard from its current 6gb to 10gb or 12gb. I have searched the internet high and low for solutions however people seem to be having all sorts of problem with this.

As each slot can only support 2gb of RAM, could anyone please tell me if installing two sets of Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1333 MHz (TR3X6G1333C9) would be compatible? I can't seem to find a 12gb kit (6x2gb) available anymore, so was hoping I could just get two sets of triple channel memory.

Many thanks for your time!

Josh

I have an older x58 computer too and just upgraded it successfully with a some 1.5v vengeance kit, they were a 4 pack of 4gb sticks so just installed 3 of them, they were sitting around spare at my house so just decided to give them a go. They are 1600mhz modules but i am just running them @ 1333mhz. No issues so far.

There are reports about several X58 mainboards taking 8GB modules on the web, as well.

1) http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/304996-30-asus-deluxe-48gb-confirmation

2) [ame]

[/ame]

3) http://www.voodooalert.de/board/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=19661

and so on...

Of course there is no official support for that or any statement about it in the product specifications, since 8GB module were not available during the original X58 era.

Archived