Corsair Community

[Urgent] Corsair H100i v2 [Need help]

Jim Jam

Hey guys I bought a H100i v2 and all is working good. Well, sort of. I have the 2 radiator fans plugged into the y splitter which is plugged into cpu fan. I've got my case fan plugged into system fan. I have the sata usb connector in the JUSB header but it's not being detected by my machine at all! There's only 1 JUSB header on the motherboard (MSI B150I Gaming PRO) and it doesn't seem to be working. There's been a few times where i've pulled it off and back on the JUSB header and the LEDs have lighted up but it still wasn't recognised even after restarting pc, the LEDs would just be off again. I'm getting worried because im not sure if the pump is even working correctly and i don't wanna fry my CPU. Can anyone help me make my machine recognise the pump in Corsairlink? I've googled about it but there's only registry fixes for the original H100i and that registry path isn't in my registry. I'm really desperate to get these LEDs working and making sure my pump works thankyou so much everyone here on Corsair forums!

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? If not you need to.

No I haven't, how do I do that? Will that make the pump get recognised and the LEDs work? I hope so! I'm at work now but I'll try when I get home

1. No I haven't, how do I do that?
  2. Will that make the pump get recognised and the LEDs work?

1. From the BIOS Hardware Monitor for the CPU_FAN select Manual mode and set 100%. Having done this what speed is reported for the CPU_FAN?
  2. This is the first issue to address, but there could be others. To operate as designed the H100iV2 needs a constant +12 volts and without this lots of unexpected things will happen.

Corsair, the H100iV2 + H80iV2 + H100iGTX + H80iGT installation guides failing to specify that fan control needs to be disabled in the BIOS needs to be addressed. For openers there should be a sticky thread and installation guides updated.

1. From the BIOS Hardware Monitor for the CPU_FAN select Manual mode and set 100%. Having done this what speed is reported for the CPU_FAN?
  2. This is the first issue to address, but there could be others. To operate as designed the H100iV2 needs a constant +12 volts and without this lots of unexpected things will happen.

Corsair, the H100iV2 + H80iV2 + H100iGTX + H80iGT installation guides failing to specify that fan control needs to be disabled in the BIOS needs to be addressed. For openers there should be a sticky thread and installation guides updated.

Still at work but the fans are working and the pump is the tubes vibrate so I think waters going through its just that the device isn't picked up by the system at all or corsair link so will doing this make it recognised and make the LEDs work :(

What speed is reported for the CPU Fan?

Is it listed on Devices and Printers and/or by Device Manager?

I turned off smart fan mode and set it to full speed. I assume this is what you meant? It says the fan is running at 0 RPM in BIOS.

Corsair Link is telling me that my MB fan is 400 rpm. no devices found though and nothing in device manager

Archived