Corsair Community

A New Corsair Carbide Air Cube Case?

Shakazu

First... Thank you very much for the great products you make.

I pretty much use everything Corsair, it's just that great!

The Carbide Air Cube cases are really great!

So new and fresh to a market already swamped in cases, but this Cube case really stands out. I just feel like it has some short comings, and really hope to see a new and improved case soon.

As a big company I know you want feedback from the community, so here goes.

1. I really like how you moved away from the "Case Fan Control Button". The Corsair commander mini solves every fan and light problem now so easy. No need for a hardware button like in the old days.

2. The 2 "Hot Swaps" in the front bottom of the case is really great! Fits two SSDs with ease and it looks really great front and center, and they're getting cooled down there as well.

3. I'd really wish that there was more room in the top of the case. Would be really nice to have a push pull setup with a thick radiator like Corsair H110 or H115. Like in the 780T case where you can mount two 140mm fans on the outside sorta, just under the dust filter, and the two 140mm fans on the inside of the case.

That'll make things a lot easier. The case only needs to be a bit bigger, not much, just a little bit.

4. It's really time to move away from the optical drive bay. I know no one who still use that. Everyone is using a usb stick or have a optical drive you can connect into the usb for those rare moments.

5. Last but not least... The Cube design is just so great! I just love how you can showcase all the cool parts in "show room" and hide away the stuff no one cares about in the back. It really is one of the best designs I've ever seen! And the sex appeal of having that big show room, it's just something special.

The case is so great either way, but I really hope you make a new and version of it with a new improvements, like the ones in this post.

I use the Cube case as a media center for the entertainment room, and it just fits in so perfectly. It's so clean and slick it's insane! And that's why I'm so in love with the show room of this case!

The 540 Carbide and 900D Obsidian cases are my two favorite cases ever made and I use both for my computers!

Keep on the great work, Corsair!

Thanks a lot!

I was about to buy the a540 but now that the a740 was announced today Ill be buying this instead. On the specs list it says that the mobo support is ATX and below but I wonder if I could fit the Asus ROG Maximus VIII extreme board on here. I humbly ask for advice from any Corsair Rep. Now its just the waiting game for Newegg or Amazon to have this available.

• Corsair Employees
I was about to buy the a540 but now that the a740 was announced today Ill be buying this instead. On the specs list it says that the mobo support is ATX and below but I wonder if I could fit the Asus ROG Maximus VIII extreme board on here. I humbly ask for advice from any Corsair Rep. Now its just the waiting game for Newegg or Amazon to have this available.

We were able to fit a Rampage V Extreme in one just fine. :)

Unfortunatelly, the new Air 740 has no DVD drive bays. What a pity. I need a Blu-ray drive because I have a big collection of BD movies. I must wait for another two-compartment case. Probably not from Corsair though, because the next one will be released in another three years...

Unfortunatelly, the new Air 740 has no DVD drive bays. What a pity. I need a Blu-ray drive because I have a big collection of BD movies. I must wait for another two-compartment case. Probably not from Corsair though, because the next one will be released in another three years...

You could just use a portable USB.3 Blu-ray drive, there is a small selection to choose from on the market at fair prices.

And the bonus of it is that you can use it on various computers you may have in your home or take it out with you to use elsewhere.

Archived