Corsair Community

Asus x99 Strix and Corsair H115i

tango3d

Hi guys!

I'm working on assembling my new pc but after search a lot is not where it should connect the cable 3 pin? (Single cable), the CPU_FAN as the manual says, the W_PUMP or CHA_FAN as I read through here to avoid noise problem, I'm lost at this point, then I should disable tracking rpm bios, I know, but not where to connect this little cable. Thank you so much and sorry for my bad english!

[email=http://www.pctekindia.com/Reviews/ASUS_X99_STRIX/23.jpg]http://www.pctekindia.com/Reviews/ASUS_X99_STRIX/23.jpg[/email]

Most likely CPU_FAN. The power will come through the SATA cable. The fan control through Corsair Link. The motherboard lead doesn't do much other than report a single fan speed and prevent the CPU_fan boot error that happens when nothing is there. You could plug it in anywhere, but you would still need to have something on CPU_FAN and it may not be desirable to have other case fans ramping up and down with fluctuating CPU temperatures. The CPU & OPT headers can only be set to CPU temp.

Most likely CPU_FAN. The power will come through the SATA cable. The fan control through Corsair Link. The motherboard lead doesn't do much other than report a single fan speed and prevent the CPU_fan boot error that happens when nothing is there. You could plug it in anywhere, but you would still need to have something on CPU_FAN and it may not be desirable to have other case fans ramping up and down with fluctuating CPU temperatures. The CPU & OPT headers can only be set to CPU temp.

Thank you c-attack! Then I will connect the CPU_FAN. What I wonder is, it is not surprising that there is also a port W_PUMP the system generates an error by not having anything connected CPU_FAN ?, I mean is confusing ... maybe this happens only with H115i, perhaps W_PUMP is for other bombs the Cooler Master for example. Anyway thank you very much for your answer!

Users with same configuration (x99 strix and h115i) any advice?

You can convert the Water Pump header into a "normal" CHA_Fan header in the BIOS and set the variable to PCH, motherboard, VRM, etc. So, it isn't strictly a "water pump" header. It is more useful for traditional radiator set-ups where you have one power lead from the the pump to the board and another separate lead for the fans. If for whatever reason you decide to drop the Link software and control your fans from the board, you would put the two radiator fans on CPU & OPT and then move the H115i pump lead over to Water_Pump. Again, it wouldn't matter where the H115i lead goes as long as something is on CPU fan. However, Asus tucks some hidden protocols into their CPU fan behavior. Your radiator fans won't do the full blast fan test when on CPU/OPT and if you are running 2000 rpm fans, that is a nice reduction in volume.

You can convert the Water Pump header into a "normal" CHA_Fan header in the BIOS and set the variable to PCH, motherboard, VRM, etc. So, it isn't strictly a "water pump" header. It is more useful for traditional radiator set-ups where you have one power lead from the the pump to the board and another separate lead for the fans. If for whatever reason you decide to drop the Link software and control your fans from the board, you would put the two radiator fans on CPU & OPT and then move the H115i pump lead over to Water_Pump. Again, it wouldn't matter where the H115i lead goes as long as something is on CPU fan. However, Asus tucks some hidden protocols into their CPU fan behavior. Your radiator fans won't do the full blast fan test when on CPU/OPT and if you are running 2000 rpm fans, that is a nice reduction in volume.

All very clear, many thanks for the explanation c-attack !, I do not feel so alone on this side !, thanks again! :biggrin:

Other Question,

My motherboard (Asus x99 Strix) have header called "rog_ext", I read somewhere that it is to place the panel asus rog but can function as a USB 2.0, there is a problem if I connect h115i on this terminal? someone who has? thank you very much in advance!

I hope your not hooking the power for pump on MB it will only do 1amp,

pump draws 9 amps to start it will burn out the MB header

use only the RPM Sense wire from pump to MB

I do not know exactly What do you mean, the pump has a power to the power supply unit (PSU), two wires on each fan and a single cable that is connected to CPU_FAN.

My question is about the USB, if you can connect to rog_ext my plate because I read that functions as a USB 2.0

No, something was lost in translation there. The pump does not draw 9 amps of current.

Unfortunately, I don't the answer to your question and don't have a ROG board. All I can do is poke around the manual, same as you. I suspect it would be fine. Is that socket a more convenient location?

No, something was lost in translation there. The pump does not draw 9 amps of current.

Unfortunately, I don't the answer to your question and don't have a ROG board. All I can do is poke around the manual, same as you. I suspect it would be fine. Is that socket a more convenient location?

Hi c-attack!, thank for your answer!

Yes, because my motherboard have 1 socket USB 2.0 (reserved for the case connectors) and the h115i need 1 more, so I read that rog_ext can work like a Usb 2.0.

Surely I will put there, thankyou for answer again!

If you have no plans on using the ROG_EXT header with the Front base. Then yes, the right side of ROG_EXT header can be used as a 3rd USB 2.0 header.

Hi StealthGaming, thank for your answer!

Great! I dont have plans to use Front base so, I will put there! :D

Thanks again for your answer!

I kept thinking ... that make people who have the front base? They must decide whether to use the single USB 2.0 port, for the case or the h115i? I want to believe that exists a pci card to add internal USB ports... I do not know...

Archived