Corsair Community

GPU won't downclock with Corsair Link or CUE active?

truechill

I already posted in the Corsair Link section, but since both apps will cause this issue independently, I feel like it's justified to post to both.

Anyone else have this issue? My 1070 will not go below 20% usage (~1500 MHz clock) when any Corsair utilities are running.

I need an answer, because running my GPU at 55C 24/7 is straight up not acceptable. Why are these utilities using so much GPU power?

Yes I've checked it with multiple monitoring apps at different times with full restarts in between them all.

I believe CUE uses GPU acceleration to handle the lighting animations on the devices model, that's why it doesn't downclock most likely. But that should happen only when the CUE window is active and you have effects playing, otherwise it uses the CPU to handle animations on the device itself.

I might be wrong though.

I already posted in the Corsair Link section, but since both apps will cause this issue independently, I feel like it's justified to post to both.

Anyone else have this issue? My 1070 will not go below 20% usage (~1500 MHz clock) when any Corsair utilities are running.

I need an answer, because running my GPU at 55C 24/7 is straight up not acceptable. Why are these utilities using so much GPU power?

Yes I've checked it with multiple monitoring apps at different times with full restarts in between them all.

I have an H100i-GTX and to be honest, I don't even use Link. You can run your machine without it, so try that. As for CUE, as mentioned above me, it should only ever use the GPU when the window is open. Once it's minimized, its GPU usage should drop off.

Edit: I should add that I'm running an i7-920 2.6GHz at 4.2GHz and staying well within reasonable temperatures, without using Link.

I have an H100i-GTX and to be honest, I don't even use Link. You can run your machine without it, so try that. As for CUE, as mentioned above me, it should only ever use the GPU when the window is open. Once it's minimized, its GPU usage should drop off.

Edit: I should add that I'm running an i7-920 2.6GHz at 4.2GHz and staying well within reasonable temperatures, without using Link.

I also use the Corsair Commander Mini to control all of my fans + LEDs. I have to use Corsair Link. Minimizing does not let me GPU downclock. Only after closing them does it finally downclock, and it's instantaneous.

I also use the Corsair Commander Mini to control all of my fans + LEDs. I have to use Corsair Link. Minimizing does not let me GPU downclock. Only after closing them does it finally downclock, and it's instantaneous.

When you say closing them, do you mean hitting the X and then it gets sent to the System Tray (by the clock), or do you mean completely quitting?

Just want to make sure; not everyone uses the same terms.

When you say closing them, do you mean hitting the X and then it gets sent to the System Tray (by the clock), or do you mean completely quitting?

Just want to make sure; not everyone uses the same terms.

I mean completely ended the processes -- not minimizing as you suggest. Minimizing them to the System Tray does nothing.

try going in the nvidia control panel and turning off the gpu off for Link and CUE

This man has the answers!

I manually added Corsair Link and CUE to my NVIDIA Control Panel program settings and set every single setting to either off or the minimum allowed, and as long as the the app is minimized to System Tray, it no longer runs my clock speed up.

Archived