Corsair Community

Corsair H100i v2 Pump Noise Too High (Sounds Like Loud Fan)

MayonnaiseOreo

I just replaced my first Corsair H100i v2 with a new one today since the last one's pump drove me crazy. It sounded like a fan set on high and this one is no different. I can't find any way to make it quieter but everyone claims their H100i is next to silent.

I have a GIGABYTE Z97-HD3 motherboard and the fans are set to max on it so that everything is controlled by me through Corsair LINK.

Any ideas as to what could be causing the pump to be so loud? From what I understand, it should be a mostly quiet hum.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: I want to make a quick note that when I installed my new graphics card, I rebooted into safe mode and when I restarted the computer my original H100i v2 became silent and it was perfect. I could reset my PC and do anything and it was fine. However, I experienced a power outage from a storm and my H100i v2 went back to being too loud. So it seems like it was "fixed" but trying to replicate the results hasn't worked for me.

My pump was always *really* loud in performance mode, sounded like a mini vacuum low hum sort of thing. I've recently reinstalled Windows and the latest CL4 and now I can't even hear the pump in either quiet or performance mode.

I was running quite an old version of CL so if your not running the latest version maybe try that?

Archived