Corsair Community

MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK - RAM memory

Miezz

Hi all,

I am new here and I have a question about RAM memory for my motherboard.

Just bought the MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK with the Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor.

Now I'm looking for the right memory.

I want to go with the Corsair Vengeance® LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C14 Memory Kit (red) (CMK32GX4M2A2400C14R), but this specific model does not show up in the compatibilty sheets I saw.

Can you tell me if this RAM is going to work in my system?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I am new here and I have a question about RAM memory for my motherboard.

Just bought the MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK with the Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor.

Now I'm looking for the right memory.

I want to go with the Corsair Vengeance® LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C14 Memory Kit (red) (CMK32GX4M2A2400C14R), but this specific model does not show up in the compatibilty sheets I saw.

Can you tell me if this RAM is going to work in my system?

Thanks in advance

It is unlikely that any mfg. whether it be Corsair or a motherboard mfg. Could test every single memory/motherboard combo together. The product page of the memory you have want to use says it is made for x99 series. I have been putting machines together since my first in 1998 and I have exclusively used Corsair ram in all my builds and never had a compatibility issue.

Other than that, like the previous poster mentioned, this is a quad channel motherboard so I would suggest this kit as an alternative CMK32GX4M4A2400C14R

Archived