Corsair Community

How to add Lighting Effect triggered after inactivity for x amount of time

cjkaczy

@brainless sorry for my lack of knowledge, but how would I go about linking it to screensaver.exe

Okay I just tried it myself and it looks like it is not possible. I tried to link the profile to C:\Windows\System32\Mystify.scr but it is not possible, because you can only link .exe files and no screensaver. :roll:

• 7 months later...
I essentially want to make it so after 15 minutes of not touching anything on my computer, my keyboard will move to the wave effect, simultaneously with my windows screensaver. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Define a 15-minute timer action which gets reset when key is pressed, retaining original key output, and assign it to your frequently used keys (e.g. Enter). On timer expiration, have it call a profile switch action to a different "idle" profile, which has the wave effect programmed. In your idle profile, define each key to retain original key output and switch back to your default profile.

Okay I just tried it myself and it looks like it is not possible. I tried to link the profile to C:\Windows\System32\Mystify.scr but it is not possible, because you can only link .exe files and no screensaver. :roll:

Sorry to be so late to this topic, but this is exactly how I run. You have to select the all files option in the program select window to show the *.scr files. Since I'm at work I can't give the exact procedure, but I was freaking out about this too until I found the show all files option.

You can rename the .SCR to .EXE, and use Task Scheduler to ensure it runs when the computer is idle, or trigger an executable to run when screen saver is running. See: https://superuser.com/questions/538146/run-a-batch-cmd-upon-screensaver

Ok, I went back and looked. You cannot turn the stupid file filter off (FIX THIS CORSAIR) however you can type the filename in as shown in the attached JPG. Granted, I am not using the most current version of CUE because I've become bored with having crap break every time I turn around. So, YMMV.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.ab62a0cdea85fab16ea50650d92f3965.jpg