Corsair Community

H100i V2 fans spins in different speeds?

Norna

I just got and installed my h100i v2 and everything works fine except that the fans on the rad are spinning in different speeds for some reason?

It's visable with my eye if i look at the fans and in CorsairLink4 (v4.2.4.25) they show different speeds there as well? can't really figure out why, i have installed both fans in the 2-split header and the pump header on my mobo in cpu_fan header, turned off the Q-fan in bios for cpu_fan..

the fans in the picture with circles are the rad fans

I can only change the speed on one of them..

Any ideas on why i have different speeds on them?

CL4.jpg.19dc18aa02a37d4798367791558890e0.jpg

Firstly it's the same fan speed that is different! If you look at the Y splitter then pin-3 is missing from one of the connections and as this is the speed signal only one speed can be reported. The fans should run at the same speed, but there is no way to check.

I would expect the speeds reported by the H100iV2 and motherboard to be slightly different, but 896 vs. 1740 is far higher than I would expect.

What happens if you interpose the two fan connections?

I would log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and ask if the H100iV2 hardware is faulty.

It´s just that I can see with my eye how one fan spins slower then the other, and if i change place in the 2-header spliter the other fan is slower, so the fans seems to work not just getting enough signal to one of them thru the splitter

I managed to fix it myself by installing my own Y-splitter to one of the headers and voila it worked, now they are spinning the same and i can even control them to a lower speed now for some reason :) thanks anyway for the help!

Archived