Corsair Community

How to properly set H100i v2 fans inside BIOS?

C00L3X

Hello,

Can someone explain me please how to properly set the fans inside the Asus X99 Pro/USB 3.1 BIOS just to avoid to damage my H100i v2? I know I need to disable the fan control for the CPU_FAN header but, sorry for the dumb question, where I can find it? And then what else I need to do?

Thanks in advance! :D:

sorry for the dumb question, where I can find it?

It's in the BIOS. There should be a screen similar to as below:

1. Select CPU FAN
  2. Select PWM
  3. Select Full Speed.
  4. You may need to do this again if you update the BIOS.
  5. This is all that is needed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26256&stc=1&d=1471452286

1741727133_X99-ProQfan.png.5d91de2e20c4313333b3d61763c0e2bb.png

in this case after changing the settings the fan will spin at full speed so my question is will there will be noise from the fans as they will be running at full speed also will it take up extra voltage to perform this task and is this fullspeed method recommended for the longitivity of the cooler i mean will this affect the life span of the cooler or this is how a cooler should be all the time...

in this case after changing the settings the fan will spin at full speed so my question is will there will be noise from the fans as they will be running at full speed also will it take up extra voltage to perform this task and is this fullspeed method recommended for the longitivity of the cooler i mean will this affect the life span of the cooler or this is how a cooler should be all the time...

On the H100i v2/GTX, that lead to the motherboard is for power only. The unit is a PWM motor and needs 12v for optimum operation. The purpose of the above is to make sure the unit receives that full 12v. How fast the pump and fans run is controlled through the Link software. 12v does not equal maximum speed nor does it affect the lifespan of the unit. Not providing 12v is likely to shorten the lifespan of the unit.

ok got it, so in bios set the cpu fan settings to PWM and full speed and then in link software set the profile to quite, standard, performance etc. good thats nice to know about it. also in bios besides the pwm and full speed settings is there any other settings that we need to change.

(i am having rampage v extreme and have just given H100i gtx for RMA as there was a blockage in one of the pipes that led to erratic CPU temps like 85-95C at 10-15% load)

This is all that is needed.

there any other settings that we need to change.

Try reading what I posted :asskick:

I wish users would not post if they are not 100% sure, if just means we have to waste time correcting their gibberish.

sorry if i wasted your time but just wanted to be 100% sure coz i have given my 8 months old H100i GTX for RMA and it has been 10 days i am without a cooler, my computer is dead, cant spend bucks for a stand by cooler, losing my clients and work. so just wanted to be absolutely sure before i install my replaced cooler so that i dont have to go through the pains again....

sorry once again if i agitated you and wasted your precious time...

Archived