Corsair Community

H100i v1 Mounting issue

dstallion9

Ok, so I feel a bit dumb at this point. I have used my h100i on an old AMD fx6300 series chip for some time. I bought I7-5930 to mount on an x99-aII from Asus. I mounted to the cooler after applying fresh thermal paste and powered up the machine. I got into the ufei and fount the cpu was at 83c. So I pulled the machine apart and the h100i did not make contact to the processor at all! I am not sure what I am missing, I have dug through the forums and haven't found anyone with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

You likely need to switch to the 2011/3 standoff. Unlike the others, it is shorter on one side than the other. It looks like this. The AMD and Intel 115x posts are evenly balanced.

Other than that, it should be a simply screw down process, although this seems to be a tough day for 2011/3.

There is also a retention ring. If you don't get it snapped into place all the way, it might prevent full contact. It has to be a physical problem, but I am running out things to suggest. Take a look at the install guides at the top of cooling section, although it mostly helps 115x socket users. Lightly tighten each of the four posts to get the thread started, then alternately screw opposite corners down a little at a time until they are all tight. It is possible to unbalance the plate by tightening one corner down all the way first.

Unfortunately, I am grasping at straws. There has to some sort of physical restriction, but can't suggest any common problems beyond those. You are the 2nd person tonight to have a mounting difficulty with an H100i and X99. That's normally the quota for the year. He does have an ASRock, so it is not the same board.

Archived