Corsair Community

LED kits green when off

Tiberiusisgame

I added a few RGB LED strips to my Commander Mini and wanted to ensure they were all compatible. I checked the amp draw and kept my chain below 10 strips but now all of the settings for each color below 255 have a greenish hue and setting the colors to 0 results in green rather than off.

To test I have unplugged all the strips and used a single one, rebooted, reset the colors and tried different patterns.

Any ideas on what's happening here and what I can do to correct this?

These are genuine Corsair strips bought directly through Corsair and the whole system worked perfectly before I added more strips and changed the settings.

I am running Link 4.2.3.41 on Windows 10.

Thank you!

Thanks ray for the quick reply! The update didn't change anything, sadly. I don't know the schematic for the Mini but it seems like the green ground is stuck closed, no?

I did a quick calc on all my fans and I haven't exceeded the total amperage but this seems more like hardware.

I wonder if there's a way to reset the hardware. Discharge the circuit?

I wonder if there's a way to reset the hardware. Discharge the circuit?

Remove the power ! I actually have a toggle switch on my CLCC :biggrin:.

The total current includes the LED current. How many fans are connected and much do the fans take in total?

As I recall the LEDs are common anode (+12) with PWM intensity control, so my guess would be that green is shorted to earth.

I switched off the power supply before I left for work. There's likely enough residual charge in the capacitors to keep the Mini from resetting so I'll unplug it when I get home.

The total amperage is below 6. The 6 fans make up around 3 amps and the LEDs just under their max load of 2 amps at 10x.18 or 1.8 amps.

You're correct they're common anode. I also agree with you that green faulted to ground.

Stuck at work now but I'll have a look as soon as I get home. Can't believe I didn't unplug it right off the bat!

Thanks again.

Thinking back I recall one of the temperature probes did not work on a Cooling Node I got from eBay. When I opened up the case I spotted some dodgy soldering and got the probe working.

I suspect your CLCC may have a similar issue, trouble is that if you fix it then this will void the warranty. I would be inclined to RMA it and as I recall if it's < 28 days old Corsair will pay all the postage.

I actually power down my CLCC using the toggle switch for about 10 seconds while Windows is running which re-starts the firmware. I added the switch when I was initially adding CLCC support to SIV as the firmware is quite fragile and overly fond of crashing if you get the protocol slightly skewed.

I would agree with you had I not been using this Mini for almost a year without this issue. The new part here is the additional LED strips.

At any rate is rather ask Corsair to replace it rather than repair it. The only bad part about the process is the shipping cost but otherwise cross-shipping is a gods-send.

I've disconnected the SATA power and the USB header and waited 10 minutes. I also rebooted and disconnected/connected them while logged in to see if drivers were an issue.

Still stuck on green.

Any other ideas?

How many amps do you think the Corsair Link Lighting component can deliver? Might solve my problem and let me keep my mini. It's taped down and comfy where it is.

I take this back. The Lighting Node isn't available anymore for resale anyway.

My only option may be multiple Commander Minis.

Archived