Corsair Community

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/W1KBG

I just got done building my very first gaming PC, and I felt it was appropriate to post it in here as just about every part that Corsair makes is included. My first gaming mouse, and really my first piece of gaming equipment, was the Corsair Vengeance M95, which I loved and sadly just had to replace due to incompatibility with Windows 10, but ever since I bought that mouse I have been hooked on Corsair products. I love the quality and aesthetic of their products and they also have excellent warranties and customer service. So, for this build, I decided to build almost entirely out of Corsair parts. The parts list is as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Z170-DELUXE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage:

SSD: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C White ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

This computer runs like a dream and has an amazing white/blue aesthetic (although I want more blue LEDs to make it even cooler). The Corsair H115i easily cools my CPU and allows me to run a stable overclock at 4.8 GHz without even needing to hear my fans running, and I could probably push it even further and still be fine in terms of temperature. The 1070 runs very quietly due to the included liquid cooling and I have it stably overclocked to about 2,150 MHz, any higher and I start seeing artifacts, but I've never seen it go above 50 degrees.

As you can see, every part in this build (except motherboard, processor, and storage) is Corsair, including even the MSI GTX 1070 Sea Hawk X built in collaboration with Corsair. I only did not go with Corsair SSDs because a 2.5" SSD was not in my budget, but if I had used one I most certainly would have gone with Corsair. My peripherals currently are a Corsair K70 RGB with MX Cherry Brown switches, a black Corsair Scimitar RGB, and a Corsair Gaming H2100 7.1 Surround Wireless headset. While Corsair products are slightly more expensive than comparable parts and peripherals, I'm willing to pay the extra premium for the lasting quality and reliability, as well as the amazing aesthetic, provided by using exclusively Corsair products.

In the future I want to upgrade my headset to the new Void headset, get a Corsair mousepad, get the SP2500 speaker system, and I also want to put the new Mag Lev fans and a Corsair Cooling and Lighting Kit inside so I can further control my computer through Corsair Link, but all these parts are very expensive, and the Cooling and Lighting Kit and custom blue Corsair PSU cables that I want are out of stock (can't find them anywhere).

On a side note, if any Corsair reps see this, I have a lot of suggestions for your products and what you could work on but I can't find any sort of e-mail to send this post to, so I would love to get in contact with somebody. (and if you want to give me some cool Corsair-related thing like stickers I would love that too :biggrin: )

Archived