Corsair Community

i76700k Core 0 (1) higher at load

lebel22

I have noiticed in Cinebench15, prime95 and Aida64 core 0 or 1 is averaging higher. just want to know if this is normal.

I read an intel comment about all core loads should be approximately the same at full load but can be a few degrees out. I know these temps are within thermal tolerances but would like to know if its normal rather than acceptable?

2051134692_aida644.8ghz@1_39v.PNG.5cbb69a1c14bd899bbb3822e0cae3283.PNG

This is relatively common for most 4 core CPUs. With 6 and 8 core CPUs, you get two cores that do that. I have no idea what Intel considers acceptable, but my guess if half the CPUs out there have +6C or more peak value difference between high and low cores. That difference would scale with voltage and it is probably much smaller back at default values. Sadly, this is just another dimension of the silicon lottery. My last 5820K drove me nuts with the #3 and #5 cores as much as +12-13C over the coolest two. That margin was maintained across three different coolers, two motherboards, and probably at least 12 paste jobs. At that point, you know it's internal and there is nothing you can do about it.

Still, this is probably best addressed by other 6700K owners, but I imagine we'll see the usual variances.

This is relatively common for most 4 core CPUs. With 6 and 8 core CPUs, you get two cores that do that. I have no idea what Intel considers acceptable, but my guess if half the CPUs out there have +6C or more peak value difference between high and low cores. That difference would scale with voltage and it is probably much smaller back at default values. Sadly, this is just another dimension of the silicon lottery. My last 5820K drove me nuts with the #3 and #5 cores as much as +12-13C over the coolest two. That margin was maintained across three different coolers, two motherboards, and probably at least 12 paste jobs. At that point, you know it's internal and there is nothing you can do about it.

Still, this is probably best addressed by other 6700K owners, but I imagine we'll see the usual variances.

I think you're spot on. Its not a big deal, more of an annoyance or niggle really. It oc's really well so I'm lucky there. I need to stop looking at the temps lol. De-lidding really helped as well, but its not for the faint of heart.

Archived