Corsair Community

Scimitar 1-12 buttons not working.

ClassiqueCat

Lemme first start off with saying that yes I macro'd them. (If that's the right verbage)

Anyway, I just bought the mouse today... maybe I should've read more up on it as I am desperate to get it to work. I love the feel of this mouse in my hands, as most are too bulky for my hands.

I plugged it in immediately reading that I needed to download CUE. I downloaded I guess the BETA program the 2.3 not the "latest" Honestly didn't know any better and I tried uninstalling this newer one to go back to 1.16 which it not install. Nearly gets to completion and encounters some error that is not descriptive in what is wrong.

Right now as I open up CUE (2.3) it say on the main page of it "Macro Execution Unavailable" It is not working properly and that I should repair. I have, restarted afterword same crap not working.

I've placed macros before on 1-9 and attempted something else on this thread about doing F13-F24... no el worko. Tried things to numpad numbers (with the lock on) nothing.

Very disappointed... I guess this has been an ongoing issue for ages with these mice. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152041 I've been reading through the 7 pages as it was my error too but nothing seems resolved.

Nothing shows up on device manager with the name of the mouse. Plugged it into another laptop just shows up as like HID compliant consumer control device. Wopwop. Not even an actual name. As I was going to give this last one an attempt

I finally had the issue where the buttons stop working! I'm excited because I think I have a fix!

Go to Device Manager, right click on 'Corsair composite virtual input device' > Properties > Power Management

Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

This is the only thing I did and my buttons immediately began working. Let me know if it works for you!

Well... there's nothing with a name to change the power management so I can only ASSUME it's the one that disappears when I unplug it. It also does not give me that option. It's greyed out.

Thankfully the CUE is at least letting me make profiles, change colors, and all that jazz (honestly did not buy it for all the fancy color crap. It's nice but woop de doo) but the macros are not working at all. I exited out of the default one, made one from scratch and redid all keybindings for macros still nothing. Been trying to use them to type numbers into a notepad file nothing.

Begging for help here, and just a heads up. I am... somewhat tech savvy but not as much as people here. I can't seem to understand what's wrong with it other than this has been an ongoing issue. I've not even had this thing 12 hours. Most people had it work for a few weeks before it was acting up. Right off the bat this wasn't working at all. It's mega disappointing, and even more so to see no real "HEY I FIXED IT GUYS" from developers on pages.

I'm not sure if this really is a common issue or there was just a bad batch of mice that got made as there isn't a lot of info on this forum about it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies fast :D I know it's the middle of the night. I work night shift only time I can do these things~!

Ahh. Nothing yet. ><

*Update I tried downloading previous version of CUE. (All be it the download keeps encountering an error) I've gotten the files out before the installer wipes them all to give it a try. (Which worked :D) But no change in the macro keys working.

Edited by ClassiqueCat

It sounds to me like something went wrong while installing CUE.

I've had problems installing CUE once, and it was because of my overzealous Antivirus software. If I recall correctly, macros are run on a virtual input device, which would require a driver.

I would try to completely uninstall CUE 2.X using iobit Uninstaller or by deleting it's mention in the registry, and attempt to install CUE 1.16 again. I think you are missing drivers.

It sounds to me like something went wrong while installing CUE.

I've had problems installing CUE once, and it was because of my overzealous Antivirus software. If I recall correctly, macros are run on a virtual input device, which would require a driver.

I would try to completely uninstall CUE 2.X using iobit Uninstaller or by deleting it's mention in the registry, and attempt to install CUE 1.16 again. I think you are missing drivers.

It is effing up at the driver 2/2 of the older install.

I figured updating the firmware with the CUE 2.X would force that to happen so not sure if there's drivers I'm missing that need to come from corsair themselves or somewhere else through Microsoft. I'll give it a try. Will give an update.

• 3 months later...
Im sorry if im posting on the wrong place. I have the EXACT same problem. I just bought the mouse today, and the lights works fine, even the macros for making text works. But to use in games, or try to remap the keys for another bindings is not working at all. Im really disapointing, there is little to no fix on the internet, reddit, forums. I've already tryied everything there is in the internet. Still nothing works.