Corsair Community

VOID Wireless headset undetectable when i plug usb charger in

Zachariah

Hey past few days I cannot figure out why my void wireless 7.1 RGB headset is undetectable when I plug in my usb charger into the headset + pc. I've tried reinstalling CUE and tried it on multiple pcs and the problem persists, also I've tried forcing firmware update and it says to plug in the usb and when i do it fails or nothing happens, but I've noticed when i plug the usb into headset and pc the light will turn off on the usb dongle to the headset ergo the headset being undetectable.

Has anyone had any similar problems with their wireless void headset?

Yeah, I picked up a pair yesterday and with both, the normal CUE and the CUE 2 Beta I have the same result.

The headphones are working just fine and charge via USB but when it comes to a firmware update it won't progress as the headphones are apparently not found or recognized.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160817/g2r5ygk2.png

But the headset is recognized in Windows

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160817/n2542ez4.png

Regards,

seagair

No...

Not only did I have the issue of the firmware not updating.My Corsair Void wireless headphones would not even charge..

Luckily enough I have multiple Rigs. So I managed to get the headphones charging on my low end rig.But still have the firmware issue......

I have been purchasing Corsair parts for many personal builds and client builds and I recommend Corsair for its great products..

But the corsair Void wireless headsets I would not recommend until these issues are fixed.

To get mine to charge I changed out the usb cable that came with the VOID ..

I have 2 other corsair headsets both Corsair Gaming H2100 wireless" both great headsets", so I just used one of those usb cables.

I also did notice the actual port on the VOID headset was a fraction loose.

So I moved the cable a bit and it started charging.

I hope the next Utility Engine has the fixes we all need..

I have had that issue as well.When a product starts shutting your pc down due to power surges..This is a huge issue..:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::eek:

Really disappointed in Corsair for such a unstable device.

I wont be purchasing another headset from Corsair until they openly post the problems with the wireless VOID and bring a fix to all customers who purchased the headset.

I have packed mine away for now..Was a hassle getting it to charge.

Having the charging issue as well - took it out of the box, connected the USB cable to laptop, no recognition of charging. CUE shows the battery power steadily dropping, started at 44% when I plugged it in, down to 20% now. Really hope there is a fix for this soon, or I'll just be taking it back for a different headset that will actually charge.

I am now having this same problem! I'm glad to hear others are having it too and I'm not alone. I have tested for bootloader mode but it appears the headset it just dead and does not even blink when I hit the power button. Occasionally it will turn on right after I boot up the PC but its battery is at 2 or 3%. Any help is much appreciated!!

I seem to be having the same problem as a lot of other people, my pc wont recognize the USB. The headset is installed correctly and all drivers are up to date but I just cant seem to figure it out. Anyone have any new solutions I could try?

Thanks

Edited by kneecolee

@Zachariah,

Sounds like it could be a bad headset. I'd suggest you contact technical support and see what they say.

@kneecolee

Is the headset is not charging, or CUE does not see the headset when a firmware update is attempted?

What version of CUE are you using?

Latest chipset drivers, Windows updates, etc?

Tried a different USB port and cable?

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday when i stopped using the VOID i plugged it in to charge over the night, but in the morning the battery level was 64% which is the same as yesterday evening. When i plug the charger in while the VOID is powered off the info mic led pulses amber for 21-84% battery level, but when the VOID is powered on the RGB lighting for the battery level doesn't change but stays the solid blue i set from CUE. CUE doesn't recognize that the headset is plugged in either

I tried forcing the firmware update but all it did was that CUE shows that the battery level is 0%. Very unfortunate since i don't have any other headsets to use until this is fixed

EDIT: so the battery lvl is at 100% now but the info mic led still pulses amber while the VOID is plugged in...

Plugging the void to my parents pc charges is normally. This pc doesn't have CUE installed

EDIT 2: After i plugged the void into the other pc it now works normally on my on my own computer

Edited by bestfinlandball
New information

This happens to my headset as well. Every time I go to charge it or update the headset it just power surges my keyboard and mouse, if it doesn't do that then it just says to connect through USB when I try and update. But luckily I have half resolved my charging issue with another USB cable that works if you bend the USB cable to a certain angle.

This happens to my headset as well. Every time I go to charge it or update the headset it just power surges my keyboard and mouse, if it doesn't do that then it just says to connect through USB when I try and update. But luckily I have half resolved my charging issue with another USB cable that works if you bend the USB cable to a certain angle.

Ha that is exactly what I did..

I think the usb cable they ship with this product is a utter joke..

Cutting costs on build quality will eventually stop consumers purchasing certain products..

I wont be purchasing a corsair headset again nor recommending them to anyone.

I feel our request or complaints are ignored..