Corsair Community

H100i v2 Problem

TheRealBGEGR

Hello, I would really appreciate all replies.

Yesterday i installed a H100i v2 Cooler on my i7-4790K.

Once i plugged all the cables in, i booted the system and the tempature wouldnt go down from 99. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Did you disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? If not you need to.

On most MSI boards you need to select manual and set the "fans" to run at 100% for all temperatures.

It would also be far easier to help you if you posted a screen shot of the CL4 [Home] tab, something like the on in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=866063.

Does the temperature start warm and slowly climb to the 90's? Or is it instantly hot the moment you enter the BIOS or reach windows?

Do you have lights and spinning fans, and thus power to the H100i?

When i start it its like 60 and then slowly goes up to 99 and stops there.

And the radiator fans are working + the light.

And also the top tube is getting really hot while the down one is at normal temp.

Did you disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? If not you need to.

On most MSI boards you need to select manual and set the "fans" to run at 100% for all temperatures.

It would also be far easier to help you if you posted a screen shot of the CL4 [Home] tab, something like the on in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=866063.

I didnt touch anything from the BIOS. the radiator fans are working perfectly.

I am just wondering if you need to do anything special for it to work.

I didnt touch anything from the BIOS. the radiator fans are working perfectly.

I am just wondering if you need to do anything special for it to work.

What about the pump? What is the coolant temperature?

I don't need to do anything, you need to post the screen shot I asked for.

I asked about the BIOS setup for good reasons, if you choose not to answer I can't help you.

What about the pump? What is the coolant temperature?

I don't need to do anything, you need to post the screen shot I asked for.

I asked about the BIOS setup for good reasons, if you choose not to answer I can't help you.

I havent installed windows yet. But ill go and check for the settings you told me to check. and ill see if anything changes. Thanks for your time. I really appreaciate your help.

I am concerned. Even if you unintentionally choked the voltage down a bit, I would expect it to go into the 50's or 60's -- not 90C. The slow rise is usually indicative of a flow problem, which is a pump failure or a blockage of some type that prevents the water from circulating. We could wait until you installed Windows and Corsair Link to get a water temperature from the program, but I am worried the installation and everything else is going to be difficult. Also, if the radiator is hot the touch now in the BIOS, it doesn't really matter if the actual water temp is 50C or 70C, it's too high by far.

If you are sure the BIOS fan control is set to 100% and this is still going on, then you need to replace the unit. You can do it through Corsair's RMA service. You will need to create an account and upload the purchase invoice. Expressly state this is a brand new unit right out of the box. They need to take care of this. Your other option would be to return it to the purchase vendor, but I don't know how long you've had it or their return policies. That may or may not be a better option.

I am concerned. Even if you unintentionally choked the voltage down a bit, I would expect it to go into the 50's or 60's -- not 90C. The slow rise is usually indicative of a flow problem, which is a pump failure or a blockage of some type that prevents the water from circulating. We could wait until you installed Windows and Corsair Link to get a water temperature from the program, but I am worried the installation and everything else is going to be difficult. Also, if the radiator is hot the touch now in the BIOS, it doesn't really matter if the actual water temp is 50C or 70C, it's too high by far.

If you are sure the BIOS fan control is set to 100% and this is still going on, then you need to replace the unit. You can do it through Corsair's RMA service. You will need to create an account and upload the purchase invoice. Expressly state this is a brand new unit right out of the box. They need to take care of this. Your other option would be to return it to the purchase vendor, but I don't know how long you've had it or their return policies. That may or may not be a better option.

The radiator is not hot at all, only one of the tubes (the top one) is really hot and the other one is just fine, also when i go to the BIOS to check the fans, it shows that all system fans are running fine, but the CPU fans are at 0 RPM.

I havent installed windows yet.

If you have another system you could connect the cooler to it using a mini-USB to USB-A cable, install CL4 on it and use it to check the H100iV2 information.

Typically when fan control is not disabled the pump runs at about 850 RPM rather than around 1,800 RPM, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=855092

If you have another system you could connect the cooler to it using a mini-USB to USB-A cable, install CL4 on it and use it to check the H100iV2 information.

Typically when fan control is not disabled the pump runs at about 850 RPM rather than around 1,800 RPM, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=855092

Unfortunatly i dont have another system, but i can inform you that when i go to the BIOS the two CPU Fans are both running at 0 RPM whlile everything else is running at like 850 RPM or something.

First PC Build i do and of course something goes wrong:[pouts:

At least half the problem is that you don't answer the questions I ask :asskick:.

You need to setup the BIOS FAN control. Look at page 3-27 of the manual which says as below.

Action [All Full Speed]

Post a screen shot of the BIOS setup after doing this.

Function Buttons

[All Full Speed] Sets all CPU/ system fans to run at full speed.

[All Set Default] Sets all CPU/ system fans to run at default speed.

[All Set Cancel] Discards current all changes and restore to the previous values.

Voltage display

Shows the current voltages of CPU, system and memory.

At least half the problem is that you don't answer the questions I ask :asskick:.

You need to setup the BIOS FAN control. Look at page 3-27 of the manual which says as below.

Action [All Full Speed]

Post a screen shot of the BIOS setup after doing this.

When i do that nothing changes, its all the same. and also how can i take a screenshot?

1. Something is very wrong as the CPU Fan 1 speed is 0 RPM.
  2. I assume the fans are plugged into the H100iV2 Y splitter, are they?
  3. If not then move them.
  4. I specified to set the "fans" to run at 100% for all temperatures, but you have failed to do this :brick:
  5. Move the boxes up so they are all at 100% :!:
  6. Is CPU Fan 1 now non zero?

attachment.php?attachmentid=26185&stc=1&d=1471027575

Ideally attach the screen shots to the post as I have done :nodding:.

1926569914_Setfullspeed.thumb.png.53cef9466254224c03dc7921d04393e7.png

1. Something is very wrong as the CPU Fan 1 speed is 0 RPM.
  2. I assume the fans are plugged into the H100iV2 Y splitter, are they?
  3. If not then move them.
  4. I specified to set the "fans" to run at 100% for all temperatures, but you have failed to do this :brick:
  5. Move the boxes up so they are all at 100% :!:
  6. Is CPU Fan 1 now non zero?

Ideally attach the screen shots to the post as I have done :nodding:.

Yes they are at the splitter, and thats what i was telling you from the start that cpu fan 1 and 2 are running at 0 RPM. Ill go ahead and do that and ill come back in a bit.

This has become unnecessarily complicated. You can move the H100i header to a different motherboard header or to a molex adapter, but we do know power is transmitted to the unit. Even at less than full pump speed, to get to 90C in a BIOS state the water temperature has to increase 30-40C. That is an extraordinary rise and can only really happen with a full physical blockage or a failed pump. I am starting to wonder if it's the later given the zero rpm report. Can you feel any vibration from the pump motor? Either way, you don't have to isolate the origin of the failure yourself. Based on the reported slow and continual CPU temp rise, it would seem to be a flow problem of some sort and not the usual contact issue with instant high temperatures. The unit needs to be replaced.

For peace of mind, you can rule out a motherboard fan control issue by using any spare fan to test the CPU header for basic functionality, and all the others if you like.

This has become unnecessarily complicated. You can move the H100i header to a different motherboard header or to a molex adapter, but we do know power is transmitted to the unit. Even at less than full pump speed, to get to 90C in a BIOS state the water temperature has to increase 30-40C. That is an extraordinary rise and can only really happen with a full physical blockage or a failed pump. I am starting to wonder if it's the later given the zero rpm report. Can you feel any vibration from the pump motor? Either way, you don't have to isolate the origin of the failure yourself. Based on the reported slow and continual CPU temp rise, it would seem to be a flow problem of some sort and not the usual contact issue with instant high temperatures. The unit needs to be replaced.

For peace of mind, you can rule out a motherboard fan control issue by using any spare fan to test the CPU header for basic functionality, and all the others if you like.

Tomorrow ill go to the shop i bought it from and ill see if its my fault or their fault and i will inform you, either way thanks for your time.

Archived