Corsair Community

Installing H115i to NZXT Phantom Black Case

Maverick828

OK, first I want to say that prior to buying the H115i, I attempted as much research as I could. The information I found led me to believe that it was compatible with the NZXT Phantom Black Full Tower case.

Upon attempting to mount the radiator to the inside top of the case, I noticed that the case holes do not line up with the radiator screw holes. Utilizing the extending brackets from the case, obviously, has the same problem, along with bringing the radiator too low over the motherboard to install the RAM.

I would really appreciate anyone kindly pointing out if I just completely missed something about the H115i or the case (such as an elternate mounting location) or if it really is completely incompatible and I am the one that messed up.

Thank you in advance.

Can you link the exact case model? There are quite a few Phantoms of different sizes with trailing numbers (e.g., Phantom 410). The "Phantom Black" lists radiator support as "Top 2x120mm", which would be an odd way of saying 240mm radiator compatible and I worry it is quite literal. Certainly not enough for a 280mm H110i or H115i.

On nzxt.com, the case is simply labeled as the Phantom Black, but it's model number is shown as PHAN-001BK.

So, looking at everything again, I'm kind of guessing that I probably was just being stupid and either misread something or made a bad assumption.

I was afraid you were going to say that. It is in fact (2) individual 120mm radiators and not even a single 240mm unit. I found some user reviews where they also fell into the same trap. I think you are stuck with single 120mm radiator mounts, which is peculiar for such a relatively large case. Sorry.

Well, thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it. Filled out the RMA sheet and I'm having fedex pick it up tomorrow. At least I'm not stuck with my mistake entirely.

Apparently PC Part picker would have shown it wasn't compatible. I'll remind myself to at least plop my next one in there next go arounder as another layer to check it. This is what I get for my first attempt at liquid cooling my new build, lol.

Again, thanks for your help c-attack.

Archived