Corsair Community

LPX xmp 2.0 profiles

HOODedAssault

So I have CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 kit with my new 6700k and MSI Gamer Pro Carbon. I've seen in reviews it says there is supposed to be an overclock xmp 2.0 profile in 2800mhz and 1.25v and all other same as the 2666mhz profile. My issue is my board simply has on/off option in bios. It also says there is an overclock xmp 2.0 profile on the product page.

Thanks for any insight.

Will it show the secondary xmp profile somehow using this utility ?

Of course it will, but only if there is one. Why you feel it does not? If you feel there is an issue then use the command SIV64X -SAVE=[sPD]=SPD.txt | MORE to generate a dump of the raw SPD data and attach SPD.txt to a post.

SIV has reported both DDR4 XMP 2.0 profiles from when DDR4 support was added to V4.44 released on 14-Apr-2014. Any utility that fails to clearly show both XMP profiles is best avoided which is why I specified SIV in the first place.

It can also show the complete SPD details and dump the SPD thermal sensors.

Given your initial question it would have been and still is appropriate for you to specify the URL from which to download your motherboard manual so we can be sure we are looking at the correct one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26152&stc=1&d=1470832197

PTFSS.thumb.png.9d4c19211f953d5d0a93289b589b1cd5.png

1798105821_SPDDetials.thumb.png.c6742a77bd2070b7068e56ba12712366.png

So I don't see anything to do with an overclocked profile... I don't get it... Reviews said there should be a 2nd overclock profile and Corsair product page says something about an overclocked profile.

The screen shot explains why you asked about SIV, but clearly SIV normally does report both XMP profiles when they are present.

If you wish me to double check I can manually decode the raw data. To generate this open an admin command window, CD to where SIV64X.exe is and issue the command SIV64X -SAVE=[sPD][sPD-TEMP]=SPD.txt | MORE to generate a dump of the raw SPD + thermal data and attach SPD.txt to a post.

The second XMP profile data is in bytes 440 -> 485 (0x1B8 -> 0x1E5) and I suspect they will all be zero.

Its ok. I found a monitor area in bios that says xmp profile 1 and xmp profile 2 and under 2 it says none. Feel kind of bitter now it's one of the reason I bought this kit as I saw the 2nd profile while doing my research.

Guess it's not that big of deal I'm sure if I bumped memory frequency to 2800 and left all xmp settings it will likely be stable. Small bump in voltage at least but I liked the idea of a free little bump in speed. My bet is tech support was getting some complaints about 2800 not being stable since a lot of people don't know about bumping io and sa voltage and then blame the ram so they took off the 2nd profile.

• Administrators
I've seen in reviews it says there is supposed to be an overclock xmp 2.0 profile in 2800mhz and 1.25v and all other same as the 2666mhz profile.
I talked with our memory PM and this kit only has one XMP 2.0 profile and that would be for 2666 MHz. Do you have links to these reviews you mentioned where you saw they had a 2800 MHz profile?

At first i thought he might have mixed up the model numbers with the 4x4GB kit, but upon looking for a review i also found a statement about a second XMP at Play3r: "Touching on the specifications, the Corsair Vengeance LPX kit on test today is the 16GB (2x8GB) variant with XMP 2.0 rated speeds of 2666MHz with latency timings of 16-18-18-35. This is pretty average for DDR4 memory, but Corsair have equipped the kit with a 2nd XMP profile of 2800MHz which opens the gateway up to overclocking. " -- Source https://play3r.net/reviews/memory/corsair-vengeance-lpx-ddr4-2666mhz-16gb-2x8gb-review/

http://abload.de/img/e42playr_review_cmk168psej.jpg

No pictures of the SPD programming in the review, though.

Here is someone else in another post asking about their 2 xmp profiles.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2677172/corsair-lpx-16gb-xmp-profiles-performance.html

Here is a review of the 2800 kit stating there is a 3000mhz profile 2.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6626/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-ddr4-2800-quad-channel-memory-kit-review/index.html

Here is one of the quad channel kit.

https://www.bjorn3d.com/2014/10/corsair-vengeance-lpx-ddr4-2666mhz-16gb-quad-channel-memory-kit/

Not really a big deal that's just a quick google about lpx kits. If I google the actual part number I find a few more posts about people asking about the profiles. Seams to me like all the kits had this second profile at one point.

Usually if you are willing to raise the Vdimm your kit should be able to keep the primary timings when going from 2666 to 2800. At around 1.35V you might already be able to hit 3000/3200 (the scaling varies from one kit to another and by version number/IC type).

Ya I'm sure quite possible. Might not even bother. My imc can handle it for sure only running 1.2 sa and 1.1 io voltage currently. Haven't even tried to go lower on those voltages. We will see might not even bother. Quite happy with 6700k performance at 4.5 I score about 2500 more on firestrike performance physics score vs my 3770k at 4.5ghz. Thanks guys. Thank you technobeard that's the exact (straight from corsair) info I was looking for.

Archived