Corsair Community

boot issue

Rizific

made an account because i cant find an answer to my issue. my new k70 rgb sometimes prevents my pc from booting at all. once i unplug the keyboard, the pc proceeds to boot just fine. i have an asus rog strix 1070 and a white led strip in my case and when i power on my pc the leds on my gpu and led strip flash as if they are receiving short burst of power and my fans sit there and twitch. again, the moment i unplug my k70 my pc proceeds to boot. my mobo thinks its an issue with my OC'd 2500k (@ a very resonable 4ghz) and kicks my OC back down to stock clocks. even with my cpu at stock clocks, i still have this problem. specs as follows

win10 home 64

i5 2500k

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 mobo

corsair 4x2gb ddr3 1600

CUE firmware 2.05

mobo and bios drivers are also up to date.

came from a corsair k90 and it never gave me any troubles. having to have my keyboard unplugged everytime i boot my pc is unacceptable. any help is appreciated.

ok, so ive tried different combinations of usb ports and polling rates. i also downloaded the beta CUE that was apparently released yesterday. it no longer gets stuck in an infinite loop trying to boot, it pulses a few times then finally boots. except this time when i get to my desktop the keyboard is unresponsive. the keyboard leds are white (my chosen background color) but random keys are colored differently. which leads me to having to unplug my keyboard and plug it back in again. i just spent a lot of money on this keyboard, id like it to work properly.

back to my k90 for now and everything is fine. threw the k70 rgb on my wife's pc and it seems to be working fine and her system isnt experiencing anything weird. so i guess that boils down to some incompatibility with my hardware. so this $150 keyboard is going to turn into a $700 system upgrade. im both happy and sad at the same time.

I would think its a issue with the mobo and keyboard not liking each other.

i agree. but i cant pinpoint what it is. ive fiddled in the bios, updated all drivers related to my mobo, even the usb controller driver with no luck. tried ALL the usb ports on my mobo. i also cant find anything else on the internet with other users experiencing this.

Archived