Corsair Community

DRAM problem and warranty refusal by retailer

Pitsi

Some days ago i noticed a system crash while i was playing games. After testing my system (software and hardware) I found out that one memory module has a problem. I ran memtest 86+ with both RAMs installed and it found a problem at test #7. Then, I tested again with a single RAM installed on the same slot and it showed up the same problem again only in one of the modules. So i installed only the unaffected one and my PC is working properly. I went to the store where i had bought my PC in the 2011, and they told me that because they installed all the parts i had bought to build up my new PC on their own (I asked them to, because I wasn't experienced to do), they just provided me with a 3-year warranty for the whole PC (bought it on November 2011). As a result, I have to pay for a new one, because the lifetime warranty from CORSAIR isn't provided, as they claim.

So, what bothers me is that since CORSAIR provides a lifetime warranty on all DRAMs, why the retailer refuses me to replace the RAM for free? Is there any way to get my RAM replaced free-of-charge? I have already got an approved RMA ticket but I am a bit concerned about the fee I have to pay for shipment, should i have to pay more than buying a new one instead.

memtest.thumb.jpg.d425d8909a674df54bfa1c70ec71e22b.jpg

The customer service didn't know about the shipping costs from Greece. But I guess it is going to be high, more than buying a new ram. I cannot afford to pay anything by the time being and also I cannot live without my PC, since it is important for my job.... I am really frustrated by this situation.... I don't know what to do.

Archived