Corsair Community

H100i v2 - low fan speed in BIOS?

Psychor

Hi,

I just built a new rig and before I install Windows I need to do some testing.

I have the Corsair 3-pin pump header attached to my Asus Rampage V Extreme Edition 10 CPU_FAN header and the Corsair fans attached to the pump via the included splitter.

I noticed that with Q-FAN disabled or manually set to 100% the Corsair fans only run at around ~1,300 RPM while I'm sitting in the motherboard's BIOS.

How can I set the Corsair fans to run at max speed right off the bat?

Thanks.

Install Corsair Link 4 and configure them.

You should also add your PC specs to your profile rather than posting them ;):.

As I mentioned in my first post that I'm looking for a way to set the fans to a higher speed right from boot (i.e., prior to Window starting). As I don't have Windows installed I can't install any Corsair software.

I change my hardware a lot so it's easier to include a link to my hardware in my forum signature. In fact I just built a new machine tonight.

1. As I mentioned in my first post that I'm looking for a way to set the fans to a higher speed right from boot (i.e., prior to Window starting).
  2. As I don't have Windows installed I can't install any Corsair software.
  3. I change my hardware a lot so it's easier to include a link to my hardware in my forum signature. In fact I just built a new machine tonight.

1. I assumed this and once set AFAIK once set they will be.
  2. You failed to specify this. This should be specified in your specs.
  3. It's easier for me if you do and as it's you asking for help then I feel you should do what is easy for me if you wish me to help.

I think the better question is why do you want your fans to run at maximum in the BIOS? Most people hate the 100% start-up fan test and want to get rid of it. There is nothing you can do in the BIOS to warrant that kind of fan speed. There isn't much at the desktop you can do to merit 2400 rpm either.

I think the better question is why do you want your fans to run at maximum in the BIOS? Most people hate the 100% start-up fan test and want to get rid of it. There is nothing you can do in the BIOS to warrant that kind of fan speed. There isn't much at the desktop you can do to merit 2400 rpm either.

Who cares what other people want or don't want. I created this thread to get some support from Corsair. ;): Thanks.

Archived