Corsair Community

Dead Commander?

wemdee

I have the original commander. I tried to update the software and accidentally installed the 4.x version instead of the 3.x version. Now the commander is just constantly restarting. I've tried to change usb headers and turned off the power and unplugged it for several minutes.

Any suggestions? Is it just dead?

Thanks

Thanks. I already tried the manual install / update of the driver. (browse and "have disk". I pointed to the program files(x86) / silabs folder).

I also deleted the device from device manager and clicked "remove driver".

Is there another way to force the driver install? I don't see it in add/remove programs.

Thanks. I already tried the manual install / update of the driver. (browse and "have disk". I pointed to the program files(x86) / silabs folder).

You did not correctly follow the instructions.

They say noting about have disk or silabs, just do what they say!

It's a HID device and you need to install the USB Input Device, look at the screen shot :idea:

I have an h100i, ax1200i, and a couple of original lighting nodes. If I purchase a new commander mini, can I run the current software and link to the older devices? I would remove the current ( original ) commander.

Thanks

It should work and CL 4.2.4.25 reported mine, but you may need to use CL 3.2.5742 to update the firmware.

To update the H100i to 1.1.3 you need to USB connect it and may as well connect each Lighting Node in turn and update their firmware to 1.1.9 after doing the H100i.

If you look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=841278 you should see CL4 reported most of my CL hardware. The PITA is no support for my old Commanders, the quality of CL4 being rather poor and Corsair failing to address most of the issues I have reported.

Thanks red-ray. I've attached a screenshot of the device manager, driver version, and the update driver wizard. ( I selected usb input and tried to update the driver. ) I think the commander is stuck in a reboot cycle. The windows 10 usb disconnect sound plays over and over.

corsair.thumb.jpg.3764dcae017db4ede54aee9e7b425ae4.jpg

Ok, I got it. I reread your directions and selected usb device. The mistake I made before was selecting "have disk" instead of just taking the windows driver.

Thanks a lot for your help. :-)

I may still upgrade to the new mini commander. Which one do you think works better?

Ok, I got it. I reread your directions and selected usb device. The mistake I made before was selecting "have disk" instead of just taking the windows driver.

I may still upgrade to the new mini commander. Which one do you think works better?

Good and once I looked at the screen shot this is what I expected had happened. How could I make the instructions clearer?

Given the old Commander does not work at all with CL4 then the CL Mini obviously works better ;):. That said the CL Mini has a number of firmware issues that Corsair has failed to address in a timely manor and feel and given my professional diligence feel I should mention this. If you are just using the CL Mini as a old Commander replacement then AFAIK they will not be an issue for you.

I advice you to if needed update all the firmware before getting a CL Mini. What firmware versions do they currently have?

I think they are pretty clear, but maybe just mention something like "do not click 'have disk'. Use the built in driver instead".

Thank you, but I feel it's clearer to say what to do.

As I recall you are the first to press [Have Disk] and I feel saying not to do this could easily mislead non English speakers. I have changed it to:

select the inbuilt USB Input Device

Thank you, but I feel it's clearer to say what to do.

As I recall you are the first to press [Have Disk] and I feel saying not to do this could easily mislead non English speakers. I have changed it to:

select the inbuilt USB Input Device

Looks good.

I've attached the firmware versions.

I would update the cooling nodes to V1.2.11 using the attached. For some reason CL 3.2.5742 comes with an older firmware version.

If you do get a CL Mini it only has 4 x C-Link ports, so you will have to USB connect the H100i. You will only need to use 1 x cooling node as it has one inbuilt cooling node.

Note: When you download it then it may end up as attachment.php and you will have to rename it to CorsairLinkCoolingFW_1.2.11.zip :(:

CorsairLinkCoolingFW_1.2.11.s19.zip

I'm not sure where the ax1200i went. It was there before I accidentally ran the new software. It is connected to the commander with a link cable. I'm going to try to re-seat it later tonight.

Thanks for the firmware.

Archived