Corsair Community

H100i 24V?

Dekaohtoura

Hi!

Recently, I've purchased 2 Noctua Industrial 120mm fans to replace the Enermax Magma I've been using on the radiator.

The Noctuas are performing great, even@12V-1000RPM (the voltage the Pump unit offers at default, if I'm not mistaken).

I'm just wondering if there is a way to change the output to 24V and use the fans at maximum when needed (they are PWM controlled) via my custom profiles@Corsair Link.

Thank you for any solutions and suggestions.

This would be possible, but none trivial ;):.

You would need to build/get a PWM fan splitter that had an inbuilt 12 -> 24 volt DC-DC converter (something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/121869260483) and insert that between the cooler and fans. It would need it's own power directly from the PSU.

If you feed 24 volts into the H100i then I expect smoke will be the result :eek:.

I feel you would do better to get some 12 volt fans.

You can probably get by with the 1000 rpm you are limited to at 12V, but if the fans are new and you can return them, I am not sure why you wouldn't go for the identical 12V NF-F12 industrial PPC 2000 with the full operational range of 500-2000. It is the same blade and provides the same results at the same speed, only with more flexibility. You are fortunate Noctua is so adaptive with their motor design. I would not want 24V fans from anyone else on my cooler.

Archived