Corsair Community

Fnas suitable for h110i GTX?

PugSpec

Can anyone tell me if the corsair sp series are suitable replacements for the stock h110i gtx fans? I want to use led ones, and tbh the stock fan speed seems to make zero difference to cpu temps anyway but don't want to sacrifice performance, especially with radiator fans :) Thanks!

.. but it uses a 3 pin fan connector to connect to MB? Are the fans even controllable? The documentation in what fans and connections are used is very sketchy so I cant work out which fans are stock.. but you can get static pressure and airflow pwm fans (ml are both I think I am right in saying) but would it be a waste using a four pin fan on a three pin connection? And... noisy? I already have one ML fan are they are v quiet I admit..

.. but it uses a 3 pin fan connector to connect to MB? Are the fans even controllable? The documentation in what fans and connections are used is very sketchy so I cant work out which fans are stock.. but you can get static pressure and airflow pwm fans (ml are both I think I am right in saying) but would it be a waste using a four pin fan on a three pin connection? And... noisy? I already have one ML fan are they are v quiet I admit..

Yes, you can use the 3 pin DC SP140 LED series on the radiator. However, you will need to power and control them from the motherboard or fan controller, not the pump block and Corsair Link. I have 4 or 5 pairs and have used them in spells on several different systems. That do provide adequate airflow and cooling. You don't really need fan speeds above 1500 rpm unless your radiator serves a secondary purpose as necessary exhaust in a hot internal system (tri-SLI, 980 Ti x 2, etc). If I am going to split hairs, the SP140 LED fans may run 2-3C warmer than other fans I use when compared at the same fixed RPM.

The new ML140 Pro series is a natural, direct replacement for the stock grey SP140L fans that came with your cooler. Besides having the option of motherboard or pump/Link control, a PWM LED fan will maintain a constant brightness, regardless of fan speed. DC LED fans will dim as the voltage is reduced. The ML140 Pro LED is the only 140mm radiator suitable PWM LED fan I know of. it's not cheap, you likely still don't need the last 500 rpm of fan speed, but the constant lighting may make it worth the plunge.

Archived