Corsair Community

Issues with my Corsair H100i v2

Aldem

Hello

Just bought a Corsair H100i v2.

I also have in my system 4 Noctua PWM fans (NF-S12A)

My power supply is a Corsair HX750 (Gold)

My motherboard is an Asus Z97-AR, running a i7 4790k (base clocks)

In the bios, my fans are all set to full speed, even the cpu one.

Here are the things that I've noticed:

- Corsair Link tells me the wrong speed for one fan, the others are ok

- When starting AIDA64 Extreme, the H100i v2 goes to quiet mode, and I can't change the speed unless I close AIDA64.

- HWINF64 is telling me, because of issues iirc, that it shouldn't monitor the H100i fans and pump rpm, so it disable it's monitoring in the app.

I've used the splitter, plugged the 2 fans on it, then plugged the other end on CPU_FAN.

After that, I used the mini USB cable and plugged it in a free USB header.

I don't understand the issues I'm having. Any help ?

Also, while talking of CorsairLink, CL is telling me that VCPU is 1.81v, when the CPU is on base clocks and the volt is on adaptive, and not going over 1.21v so say CPUZ.

First you need to get the latest HWiNFO release, AIDA64 Beta and SIV Beta then all four can be run at the same time. This was only been possible for a few days, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864149 and follow the link to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=863330.

If you post a screen shot showing the CL4 [Home] tab + the SIV initial screen + [status] panel I could comment further.

Ok

I made the screens. Here they are.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59380156/CLandSIVdefault.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59380156/CLandSIVstatus.png

Thanks

To be fair, I don't really need to use AIDA64. SIV (your app ;)) seems to have a lot on info, and for the OSD when gaming, I use MSI Afterburner. If hwinfo64 would work well too, it would be a plus. Meanwhile, I just told it not to monitor the H100i v2, not really a big con imo. All the fan speeds in hwinfo64 are right, except for the CPU one, so I disabled the monitoring for it as well.

CL is telling me that VCPU is 1.81v, when the CPU is on base clocks and the volt is on adaptive, and not going over 1.21v so say CPUZ.

Looking at the screen shots I noted as follows:

1. What CL4 reports as VCPU is actually VCCIN which should be about 1.80 volts, see http://overclocking.guide/haswell-and-devils-canyon-socket-1150/
  2. I expect CPUZ is reporting one of the other voltages, but I don't know which one. A screen shot showing CPUZ + SIV the [sensors] panel might tell me.
  3. Now you have all the latest Betas/Releases is all OK when you use them at the same time as CL4?
  4. CL4 is only reporting 4 fans and it should be reporting 5.
  5. I expect what SIV calls 5 CHA Fan 4 is missing.
  6. I suspect what SIV calls 6 CPU Opt would also be missing.
  7. The H110iV2 fan is also reported as 2 CPU Fan
  8. SIV should not report T3 AUXTIN0 so I will update Beta-21 to remove it.

I think I have covered your concerns, if not tell me what I missed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26102&stc=1&d=1470333965

VCCIN.thumb.png.bd956ef5c3d1d865eaf50029cea43e9b.png

For the fans:

But why do I have both CPUFAN and H100i Fan & pump ?

Aren't those supposed to be the same ?

I don't think the Chassis fan 4 has to go, I really have something there.

I have 4 identical fans in Chassis fan #1, #2, #3 and #4 running at full speed, aka ~1300 rpm.

CPUFAN is the H100i (2 fans + pump)

I have nothing in the CPU_OPT header.

1. But why do I have both CPUFAN and H100i Fan & pump ?
  2. Aren't those supposed to be the same ?
  3. I don't think the Chassis fan 4 has to go, I really have something there.
  4. I have 4 identical fans in Chassis fan #1, #2, #3 and #4 running at full speed, aka ~1300 rpm.
  5. CPUFAN is the H100i (2 fans + pump)
  6. I have nothing in the CPU_OPT header.

1. The H100iV2 is plugged into the CPU_FAN header and reports the fan speed to it.
  2. Yes, they should be the same. Check that fan control is disabled for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS. The H100iV2 sample counts are 122 and they should be 131 so I suspect the H100iV2 is not getting the constant +12 volts it needs.
  3. SIV reports 5 CHA Fan 4 CL4 fails to report Fan #5. This is a bug in CL4.
  4. OK
  5. The CPU_FAN is the H100iV2 fan one RPM, the H100iV2 fan two RPM is not reported at all :(:. The pump speed can only be read via USB.
  6. If you plug a fan into CPU_OPT I expect SIV will report it and CL4 will fail to which would be another bug.
  7. CL4 also fails to report the PCH + VRM temperatures :(:. I have just added these to SIV Beta-21.

I believe it's a bug, as CPUFAN (aka H100i 1st fan) and H100i fan (aka H100i 2nd fan), by looking at them, the logo in the center, they seem to have the same speed. I believe that if one really was at 1920 rpm (H100i fan) and the other at 940 rpm (CPUFAN), I'd see the difference by looking at them. I really believe this is a bug in the H100i v2's firmware or something like that. I see nothing else. I tried the default bios settings, disabling the fan controls, set the fans in PWM mode, set them in DC mode, set them manually at full speed, changing the USB header, always the same results.

Archived