Corsair Community

PC build with 750D good for overclocking and gaming?

Hey guys,

I'd like to know and have your input on whether this build is good for max settings-gaming, and overclocking CPU.

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D.

PSU: EVGA 750 G2.

SSD: 250 GB from samsung.

HDD: 1 TB barracuda.

Motherboard: MSI Z170 Pro Gaming Carbon

CPU: i5-6600K

RAM: 8GB 2133Mhz ram. (2x4gb)

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X at 6GB GDDR5.

CPU cooler: H110i GTX.

I wanted to know whether the board is good for overclocking, or whether it is just some mid-tier board, not very much suited for overclocking?

Because I know MPower or XPower versions are the ones to take for overclocking, but is this board decent enough, would you take this board for overclock?

Have that board just got a few days ago. 6700k at 4.5 1.28v. Not bad. Really simple streamlined overclocking. I kind of wish I went Asus but I've never had an msi board before so figured I'd give it a shot. Not disappointed really but there are some detailed settings missing that I'm used to since I'm a pretty experienced overclocker that are missing. Will not effect the average person tho. Really any board that's z170 is going to clock skylake as far as you can push it. The best of best might make extra 100mhz on water/air. The crazy expensive boards are super overkill unless doing some ln2 monster clocking.

Also ram is cheap as hell right now. Go with something at least 2666mhz.

Archived