Corsair Community

Brightness Button Dim LED

Marcus_SwJ

Hello! Just received 2 of the K70 RGB Rapidfire from Corsair's RMA due to high pitch LED noise ( thank you very much Corsair for replacing them by the way :D: ). One arrived today and the other one arrived few weeks ago.

Been using them for awhile now and everything is great. No more high pitch noises from the LEDs, well there is just a little from the first RMA unit but I don't really mind it anyway since you need to turn it to max brightness to hear it. But there is one thing that I noticed just a short while ago.

The brightness button's LED seems to be a little dim on the right side. Like a tiny part of the brightness logo became kind of dim. I've attached a picture to make it easier to understand. My only concern is will it actually start to become dim on every sides/parts? Feels like there is something beneath the button that is actually preventing the LED lights from passing through.

Same thing happened to the second RMA unit that I got today. Is there a fix for this or is this normal? Really don't want this to happen to other keys as well. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :):

mediacontrols.jpg.85065b4135689629a72e4ce89367dc7b.jpg

• Corsair Employees

Hello Marcus,

Can provide me with the lot code on the underside of the unit? It's weird how only that small piece of the button is dim because there is only a single LED there. Could it be dirt that may be blocking the path? I will look into this.

Hello Marcus,

Can provide me with the lot code on the underside of the unit? It's weird how only that small piece of the button is dim because there is only a single LED there. Could it be dirt that may be blocking the path? I will look into this.

Thanks for the reply. :biggrin: Uh I'm not really sure which one is the lot code but I'll type everything in for you :

[ First RMA Unit ] [ Second RMA Unit ]

16283718 16258956

CH-9101014-NA CH-9101014-NA

089116283718 044516258956

Yep it's kind of weird lol. Tried to clean it with a slightly wet and soft cloth but it wont' come off. Looks like it's beneath the button. Oh and I just noticed, the media keys like play / pause / next has it too. It looks like something from the circuit / board itself. I can see a dim row in between the icons for the play / pause / next buttons. I'll try to attach a picture later on. It's kinda hard to take clear pictures of this.

Thanks for the information. Give me some time to see what may be causing this.

Sure no problem. A little update. Managed to get my friend to open up another unit with the lot code 1624 and it is the same too. But there is no high pitch noise from the LEDs. That's good though. :biggrin:

Archived