Corsair Community

Corsair Link freeze after a while

goma76

Hello to all, I'm new into the forum and I need your help for the following issue.

I downloaded the latest version of the Corsair link (4.2.4.25) for my H80i.

The rest of the PC in sign.

I used it (old version naturally) with Win 7 and runs fine.

Since I upgraded to Win10, I had some problem with the software:

Preciselly, It freezing after a while, and isn't possible to change the performance/balanced/quite mode. More, all the temperature displayed are fix (freezed). The only way to restore the program is kill it and reopen again.

I don't know why, and I cannot associate a specific evet to it; perhaps is more probably after a game session or while i'm seeing a streaming video (Youtube).

I tried to reinstall it (with regedit cleans), I tried an old version but no chanche to solve.

Please, do you have any suggest?

Thanks in advance

When it's stuck if you look at the two CorsairLink4.Service.exe + CorsairLink4.exe using task manager what % CPU time are they using? Post a screen shot if you aren't sure.

Do you mean CPU% usage?

In this case when CL runs fine I have

1/2% for CorsairLink4.exe

2/3% for CorsairLink4.Service.exe

When it goes stuck (last time after playing 10 minutes The Witcher 3; when I play games the stuck is mandatory)

I checked into task manager and I saw

0% for CorsairLink4.exe

0.6/0.8% for CorsairLink4.Service.exe

?

It could be depending to an intesive usage of the CPU from other application (games)?

Thanks

Edited by goma76

I have not heard of this exact issue before. I suspect one of the programs is stuck, but only the CL4 developers would be able to figure out why.

If it was down to lack of available CPU time then CL4 should recover once the load drops. What was the total % CPU load?

I when it's stuck using task manager, Right/Click and generate dumps for the two programs. ZIP the dumps and attach then to a ticket created via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp asking for the issue to be fixed.

I have not heard of this exact issue before. I suspect one of the programs is stuck, but only the CL4 developers would be able to figure out why.

If it was down to lack of available CPU time then CL4 should recover once the load drops. What was the total % CPU load?

I when it's stuck using task manager, Right/Click and generate dumps for the two programs. ZIP the dumps and attach then to a ticket created via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp asking for the issue to be fixed.

This time I experienced a freeze while I was using Firefox to navigate in the web...

Seems not be related to heavy load in CPU.

Anyway I store a zip with the two dumps files and I created a ticket.

Thanks again

I opened a ticket (number 6806184) but the upload the two dump file (230MB) failed, I tryed two times.

I'm waiting for a possible workaround, just a question:

If the program is closed, doesn't start automatically with Win10, it keep in mind the previous setting stored?

Are the fans speed regulated with incresing temperature of the H80i?

Thx

• 1 month later...

I found the cause that get stuck the Corsair link.

The CorsairLink4.Service.exe

When the software stucks, opening task manager and killing CorsairLink4.Service, solve the problem.

The software becomes alive again without any other actions.

Any suggest on how to solve it definitely?

Thx

• 4 weeks later...
I found the cause that get stuck the Corsair link, The CorsairLink4.Service.exe

When the software stucks, opening task manager and killing CorsairLink4.Service, solve the problem.

Any suggest on how to solve it definitely?

You should not kill off services, instead from a command window do sc stop CLink4Service

For this to be fixed then Corsair need to start showing professional diligence and also hire some competent developers.

Edited by red-ray

• 4 months later...
Just bought\received the mini commander today and installed Corsair link on Windows 10. Same problem; after a while the stats just freeze and the mini commander doesn't alter the fan speed any more (it just stays at whatever it was at, making it pretty useless).

• 1 year later...

Don't know if others are still having this problem, however if you own both the Corsair Commander Pro and a Corsair HXi series power supply I may have a solution.

I only experience the above problem when the USB from my HXi series power supply is plugged directly into my motherboard. If I instead plug the USB from the power supply into the Commander Pro USB header, my corsair link software no longer randomly freezes.

Note however, if you have a corsair water cooler, this USB should NOT be plugged into the Commander Pro, as then it is not detected by the Corsair Link software.

Don't know if others are still having this problem, however if you own both the Corsair Commander Pro and a Corsair HXi series power supply I may have a solution.

I only experience the above problem when the USB from my HXi series power supply is plugged directly into my motherboard. If I instead plug the USB from the power supply into the Commander Pro USB header, my corsair link software no longer randomly freezes.

Note however, if you have a corsair water cooler, this USB should NOT be plugged into the Commander Pro, as then it is not detected by the Corsair Link software.

Including your hardware specs would be helpful as some of this actually varies based on motherboard chipset.

From my experience, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with Link or iCue detecting devices plugged into the Commander Pro's USB ports. And I have an HX1200i, a H115i Pro and a Lighting Node Pro plugged in to the USB ports on my CoPro. (Yes, you read that right ... I have three devices plugged into two headers.)