Corsair Community

H100i Dead pump?

DarkSideofOZ

Woke up this morning to my system sitting at a bios prompt with a CPU Fan error and CPU overheat error. The fans were running full tilt. The Corsair block was glowing red rather than its normal white and when I hopped in the bios config it said the temp was 83C... killed the power immediately. took the block off, let it cool, put on new thermal paste and kicked it on again. corsair logo white for about 5 seconds then went red, and fans slowly ramped up until running at full tilt again at about 38c cpu fan power cables and sensor cables all present, plugged in and powered.

From everything I can see and other posts I've looked at, I can only deduce that the pump finally died. I've had it about 3ish years and it's been great in my corsair ammo box case which fits it perfectly. Any suggestions on things I can try before I break down and RMA it?

Thanks,

OZ

What does CL4 report as the pump speed?

Are you really running Windows XP Pro SP3 (32 bit)? If so then you can't use CL4/CL3 to check the pump, but could use my SIV utility to do this. Just press the [status] button to see all the fan/pump speeds.

The pump speed should be about 2250 RPM and if it's not request an RMA via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and see what they say. Remember to upload the invoice.

What does CL4 report as the pump speed?

Are you really running Windows XP Pro SP3 (32 bit)? If so then you can't use CL4/CL3 to check the pump, but could use my SIV utility to do this. Just press the [status] button to see all the fan/pump speeds.

The pump speed should be about 2250 RPM and if it's not request an RMA via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and see what they say. Remember to upload the invoice.

Unfortunately, even on cold boot by the time its booted into windows it's overheating and the system blue screens.

Unfortunately, even on cold boot by the time its booted into windows it's overheating and the system blue screens.

Do you have another system you could use to monitor the H100i? All you need to do is plug the H100i into one of it's USB ports.

If the fans ramp up to full speed and you have them set to run from H100i water temperature, then the water temperature is increasing rather quickly. The standard contact and TIM issues would not cause this. The unit obviously has power. So that leaves flow restriction or pump fail, both of which are RMA worthy.

Archived