Corsair Community

h100i GTX odd noise problem

OC_Sergiu

Hi! I have this cooler since February of 2016 and I haven´t experienced this problem before because the temperature in spring were excelent (25 degree at idle and 45/60 at load 4Ghz/4.4Ghz with i7-4790K) but now in Spain, with the summer time, my room temperature is 32 degree and I`ve 37 degree at idle and 57 degree at 4Ghz playing NFS Rivals. The problem is that when I`m playing the game is heard a noise that come to the right side of the radiator (mounted at the top of the case) I probably think that is one of the fans but I`m not sure. Anyone have or had that problem?

The change in idle temperature is tied directly to your seasonal change in room temperature. Right now, your CPU core temperature (and probably H100i GTX water temp) are +5C over the room temperature. Back in the Spring, it was probably 20C in your room for the 25C idle. Lots of little things go into the size of that delta, from case design, radiator location, room environment, etc. However, a +5C idle over room temperature is fairly normal. When October arrives and you finally lose the late Summer heat, it will cool down again and a few degrees more come Winter.

The noise I can't explain and don't really have enough information to do so. One thing, if you have left Corsair Link on the one of the included default balanced, performance modes, you likely want to put the fans into Quiet mode or make your own custom curve. Those curves were designed for average room temperature in the 20-23C range. At 37C water temperature, you will already have a hefty amount of fan speed and likely max out and soon as you start doing something. You don't need this kind of fan speed for anything other than maximum loads. Run your fans speeds at a comfortable level. Your CPU game temps are going to be +7-10C higher than before because the room temperature (your starting CPU temperature) is that much warmer than before. It does not means the fans or system less efficient and running the fans at maximum levels to take 2-3C off your game temps if probably a bad trade --- headphones or not.

The change in idle temperature is tied directly to your seasonal change in room temperature. Right now, your CPU core temperature (and probably H100i GTX water temp) are +5C over the room temperature. Back in the Spring, it was probably 20C in your room for the 25C idle. Lots of little things go into the size of that delta, from case design, radiator location, room environment, etc. However, a +5C idle over room temperature is fairly normal. When October arrives and you finally lose the late Summer heat, it will cool down again and a few degrees more come Winter.

The noise I can't explain and don't really have enough information to do so. One thing, if you have left Corsair Link on the one of the included default balanced, performance modes, you likely want to put the fans into Quiet mode or make your own custom curve. Those curves were designed for average room temperature in the 20-23C range. At 37C water temperature, you will already have a hefty amount of fan speed and likely max out and soon as you start doing something. You don't need this kind of fan speed for anything other than maximum loads. Run your fans speeds at a comfortable level. Your CPU game temps are going to be +7-10C higher than before because the room temperature (your starting CPU temperature) is that much warmer than before. It does not means the fans or system less efficient and running the fans at maximum levels to take 2-3C off your game temps if probably a bad trade --- headphones or not.

Thanks for the replying! Both fans are connected on the doble fan heather that comes with the cooler itself, so it`s functionating on Corsair Link at "Balanced" and also, today I tested what was the cause of that horrible noise, and what I seen was that when I created a custom fan curve to maximase the fan speed at 80, 90 and 100% and the result was that when both fans are running above 2200Rpm the right fan is creating that odd noise (I recorded a clip if you want too). I don`t know if is the fan itself or the reservoir. And a last thing is, does matter the speed of the pump because I hadn´t seen any deference between "relax" 1770rpm and "performance" 2560rpm

You can relax the pump speed as well. Most of the time flow rate has a lesser effect on water temperature than other things. There is no need to run the fans above 2000 rpm for anything. It's too loud. If one fan is making odd noises, you can contact Corsair and replace it or you way wish to try a different type of fan of your own choosing.

Archived