Corsair Community

CorsairLink and Fans

AJLedbetter123

Hi,

Wondering if someone could help me, having a small issue or it may be something I'm doing incorrectly.

I have the Corsair H100i V2 and use the fans that came with the gear which is connected to the fan splitter on the H100i.

I've attempted to create my own which hasn't worked, under load the fans don't seem to spin up at quiet or performance mode. They do occasionally spin upon startup but nothing more and temperatures are hitting around 86.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? If not you need to so the H100iV2 get's the constant +12 volts it needs.

It would be easier to help you if you added your PC specs to your profile, so do this.

I've updated my profile. I can't find anything in my BIOS which relates to the CPU_FAN

This is why the specs are needed. It's called CPUFAN1 and page 3-38 shows how to set it up. AFAIK you need to use [All Full Speed], but I have never used an X99S, so can't be 100% sure.

This is why the specs are needed. It's called CPUFAN1 and page 3-38 shows how to set it up. AFAIK you need to use [All Full Speed], but I have never used an X99S, so can't be 100% sure.

The pages you referred to, is that the motherboard manual or H100i manual?

Hope these are correct.

The CL4 ones are OK, but you used SIV Version 4.45 released on 14-May-2014 :(: which is useless as that SIV was released before the H100iV2 even existed so does not report it!

Remove the SIV screen shots and post the ones I asked for.

You should have used SIV Version 5.11 released on 14-Jul-2016, better still do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta and use the SIV 5.12 Beta :biggrin:

The files in the siv.zip release should be extracted to C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar and SIV should be run from there.

Also post [Link Status] + [Link Fans] if they are available.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

The CL4 ones are OK, but you used SIV Version 4.45 released on 14-May-2014 :(: which is useless as that SIV was released before the H100iV2 even existed so does not report it!

Remove the SIV screen shots and post the ones I asked for.

You should have used SIV Version 5.11 released on 14-Jul-2016, better still do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta and use the SIV 5.12 Beta :biggrin:

Also post [Link Status] + [Link Fans] if they are available.

Ok, I've updated the screenshots. Hope that's better :)

Ok, I've updated the screenshots. Hope that's better :)

Yes, I am still wondering why you used 4.45 at all.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=856410 had issues caused by CAM, so it would be worth closing down CAM first and see if things work better when CAM is not active.

It would also be sensible to run Menu->Tools->Link Test to check the H100iV2 hardware is working well. Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864594 you will see the test takes about 10 minutes.

Archived