Corsair Community

can I use H110i without corsair Link?

PCtechguy

hey guys,

I wanted to know whether I could run H110i without corsair Link? as I am thinking of buying EVGA supernova 750 G2.

What difference in performance and stability is there between evga 750 G2 and HX750i?

I am thinking between HX750i and evga 750 G2, I read both a very good.

I hope this is the right section. Probably not.

Yes, you can use the H110i without Corsair Link, but how is this related to the PSU?

You can control the H110i with Corsair Link if you have either PSU.

Corsair Link will also report the HX750i power, voltage and current information and AFAIK the EVGA 750 G2 can't be monitored by software.

Because I see no USB port on the EVGA PSU, and I assumed that you plug the corsair link cable to the PSU, so from that I thought that the corsair Link was exclusive to corsair PSU's.

So I was wrong. So what is best, EVGA 750 G2, or HX750i? Performance-wise? Ease of mind-wise?

I am thinking of switching to HX750i, but I want to know which is best, because EVGA 750 G2 is about 52 dollars cheaper than HX750i.

If it helps here is my build:

8GB 2133Mhz.

i5-6600K

GTX 1060 strix 6GB.

asus z170 pro gaming

I appreciate the honesty!

Well, from googling a little, it seems like RM750i is very good in quality, and a very good PSU. So is HXi.

And so is EVGA 750 G2, EVGA is cheaper, HXi is the most expensive, while RMi, is inbetween, (more expensive than EVGA, but cheaper than HXi)

Well, RMx is good too. What difference is there between RMi and RMx.. Funny how this turned into discussion about PSU's.

I want a very good quality PSU.(Don't want my house to burn down - don't think it will tho. )

RMi can be monitored with CL4 and RMx can't.

Given your concern about the house burning down I would be inclined to get a PSU that can be monitored so you can keep an eye in it's temperature ;):.

I don't think any good PSU will burn down my house. lol. But it can happen.

There is only 1 HX750i in stock, while there are 11 RM750i's and 90 EVGA 750 G2's.

Which one is best, given that I want to use Corsair Link, I'll want corsair psu's.

Which would you choose? If I choose HX750i, will I lose something? If I choose RM750i, is it as good as HX750i and EVGA 750 G2?

I think the sweet spot is RM750i..Is it good for overclocking? How much can it handle? Does it fail? Any problems? Good capacitors?

I read it has Japanese Capacitors, are they good?

1. Which would you choose?
  2. I think the sweet spot is RM750i..
  3. Is it good for overclocking?
  4. How much can it handle?
  5. Does it fail?
  6. Any problems?
  7. Good capacitors?
  8. I read it has Japanese Capacitors, are they good?

1. I have an AX1500i as I also have 4 x GTX980
  2. I suspect for you it is.
  3. AFAIK yes. You should add your PC specs to your profile before asking such questions.
  4. I provides 750 watts, use http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator to work out is this is enough.
  5. All PSUs can fail. It has a ten year warranty, so I suspect not many do.
  6. None I know of.
  7. 100% Japanese 105°C capacitors.
  8. So did I and AFAIK yes.

See http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/rmi-series-rm750i-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu-uk

Look at my build now. As I have written what my to-come-build will be. lol.

Well, I hope that H110i won't overheat, or something.

Btw, I am thinking of buying Windows 10 64-bit version, but the one I want to buy is in a flash drive.

And in the description it says:

Windows 10 Home - 32/64-bit

How would I know whether it is 32 or 64 bit, when it hasn't specified 100%? I assume from the description you can choose between 32 or 64.

But Idk.

I read that with i5-6600K and GTX 1060 Strix 6 GB you can play most games maxed out at 1080p. So there are games I won't be able to play at max with this? I am not bothered by it, as I am on a budget.

So, I read on a website about RM750i:

For a 750 W PSU, the number of cables provided is sufficient for the majority of users; however, we would have liked to have seen an extra EPS cable. Normally, a PSU of this category comes with two EPS cables, or at least a single EPS and one ATX12V (4-pin) cable, in order to support high-end mainboards.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-rm750i-power-supply,4223.html

I assume an ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming is a high-end motherboard. So how far can RM750i go?

Assuming HX750i and EVGA 750 G2 are somewhat equal, which has lower noise levels?

can it take GTX 1080 OC-version with i7-6700K and 64 GB? (i.e. what is its limit?)

BTW, if I go EVGA 750 G2, how do I install Corsair Link?

Because I see no USB port on the EVGA PSU, and I assumed that you plug the corsair link cable to the PSU, so from that I thought that the corsair Link was exclusive to corsair PSU's.

So I was wrong. So what is best, EVGA 750 G2, or HX750i? Performance-wise? Ease of mind-wise?

I am thinking of switching to HX750i, but I want to know which is best, because EVGA 750 G2 is about 52 dollars cheaper than HX750i.

If it helps here is my build:

8GB 2133Mhz.

i5-6600K

GTX 1060 strix 6GB.

asus z170 pro gaming

I appreciate the honesty!

evga dont use link....its corsair link

So I can connect the Corsair Link to my mobo with USB headers and and then control the H110i from Windows 10?

Btw, I have a CPU clocked at 3.3 Ghz, for RAM, I can't get ram faster than 3.3 Ghz, right?

How do I know whether they are compatible?

Archived