Corsair Community

Trying to understand

will_s

Q: Can I connect my Corsair AXi series PSU to an H80i or H100i cooler and then connect the cooler to the USB port on my motherboard?

A: Yes, the H80i and H100i have a full duplex Corsair Link Digital port for expansion purposes. This port can either be used to plug an H80i or H100i into the Corsair Link Commander, or it can be used to add another Corsair Link device to your system, such as an AXi series power supply.

Ok, have the HX1000i psu and the H115i CPU Cooler and have the CPU linked into one of my USB2 spots ( the other is for external USB2 at front ) .

Now how can I link these together ? Now cant see the CPU cooling head......and dont want to pull everything apart after just getting it built........so are there 2 connections on the Cooling head ?

Last edited by Technobeard; 07-29-2016 at 08:51 AM. Reason: clarified quote

I feel that Technobeard needs to update http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=651889 for CL4, the CL Mini and the last two generations of coolers :nodding:.

Q: How do I update the firmware on my Corsair Link device?

A: The Corsair Link Software has the firmware update tool built into it. Run Corsair Link then go to “Options” tab and click Devices on the left hand side of the UI. There you will see a box that says “Update Firmware”, click the box and a window will pop up where you can select the device that you would like to update the firmware. Please take note that the H80i and H100i have to be connected via a USB connection directly when updating the firmware. You cannot flash the firmware of the device via Corsair Link Commander.

AFAIK this is incorrect and I can't get CL4 to update my CL Mini firmware.

Q: Corsair Link and ASUS AI Suite don’t seem to work together. What’s up with that?

A: Corsair Link and ASUS AI Suite frequently monitor the same devices in your system. Because of this, they can conflict with one another and cause the other to lock up or be unstable. Please exit out of AI Suite completely before using Corsair Link, and vice-versa.

The root cause is that AI Suite is poorly engineered and fails to use the Global\Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method + Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method + Global\Access_EC mutexes to interlock access to the hardware.

Q: Does Corsair Link support GPU fan control?

A: Not in all situations. In some reference designs Corsair Link is capable of monitoring AND controlling GPU fan speeds, but in GPUs that use aftermarket or custom-designed PCBs and cooling solutions we have no way of verifying compatibility. Some graphic card software will override the fan speed control if it sets to auto. Go to the graphics card software and disable this feature to allow Corsair Link to control the fan speed.

AFAIK CL4 + CL3 never do GPU fan control.

• 3 weeks later...

ok.........have the NZXT that bgives me 2 extra USB2 ports

But now am unable to find the link cable for the power supply..............now any way to get a replacement ?

Look, I have 3 Corsair PSU's, memory in both PC's is Corsair and both PC;s have Corsair Water Cooling for CPU's.........and have used lots of other Corsair products in the past now hopefully some good will can come my way

No, it has 3 x USB header which is 6 ports and 2 x USB-A sockets giving a total of 8 ports. If you look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759634 you should see I have 8 devices connected to mine.

You could get http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322210490623 or any mini-USB to USB-A cable and connect it to one of the NZXT USB-A sockets.

Archived