Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro questions (400C)

PR3D4TOR

Hi,

I heard the Corsair H110i fits in the 400C in the front.

So my question: Can i set the direction of the fans off the H110 to blow the air towards the back of the case (outside) (+ my two 140mm Front mounted fans would also blow the hot air towards outside the back of the case)?

Or is it already that way? From pictures i think the two 140mm Fans of the h110 blow towards the cooler and that would mess up the air flow i guess.

Thanks

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. The glamour shots on the 400C product page show several fans (all the white LED fans) that do not come with the case or the cooler. As is often the case, those photographs are designed to make it look good. You do not need 4x140mm fans in the front of your case. It may not be possible to run two sets of fans with the new 1070/1080 GPU series. If you mount the H110i in the front, you will want to use the SP140L fans that come with it, or a suitable replacement. You will not use the front case fans and the H110i fans in that space.

You can set up your case like the picture. You would need the SP140 LED (white) fan, which is a suitable radiator fan. However, it is a 3 pin DC motor and you will need to power and control it from the motherboard, not the pump block and the Link software. Another alternative, and possibly a compelling one, is to get the new ML140 PRO LED fans. These are 4 pin PWM, can work with both motherboard or pump control, and a single set is all you would ever need to push air through the radiator. The downside is they are not cheap and are hard to find having just been released.

Thanks.

My problem is that i have a GTX 1080 from Zotac which gets quite hot and it is a custom design that does not push the air out of the case like the founders edition. So i have 2x 140mm Fans in front installed.

My concern is that the Card would overheat if i remove these two front 140mms (that blow towards the card/cpu fan and then put the hot air out of the case).

Because the fans on the H1xx Radiator would just push the hot air out of the frontside of the case? So basically no air flow from front -> GTX 1080 -> Back/outside

Here is a pic of the current setup:

http://pic.sysprofile.de/images/0ID55166.jpg

4 fans (2 in the front and 2 in the back would not fit i guess, yeah)

Is there a possibility to mount the raditor with 2 fans on the top of the case? That would be most ideal :)

No, I am afraid any 280mm radiator is front mount only in that case. The top is very shallow, in fact someone else mentioned a RAM collision problem with a 240 in the top. It also looks nice with the front mount.

The GPU will not overheat with the radiator in front. Your case fans do nothing for the GPU board temps (diode or VRM). Both are inside the casing and only the GPU's own fans will have any effect on those temperatures. What the case fans can do is help remove radiant heat that comes off the GPU and prevent the environment from becoming overly heated. The rear exhaust fan can pretty much do this by itself. I would only start thinking about the front fans in a multi-GPU set-up where you might try to force air between the cards -- an area the rear exhaust can't reach.

One set of 2x140mm fans is enough to push air through the front radiator. If you have something else that might benefit (or need) direct cooling, like an m.2 drive, that might be of interest. By the rest of your hardware is good. The SP140L's that come with the H110i are 2000 rpm fans. That is more fan speed than you will ever need. You can drop down a speed level if needed.

Thank you very much. Well i will change the Zotac AMP for the MSI Gaming either way, so temps are no problem anylonger then.

The CPU is an i7 6700k and it goes up to 4,6GHz with 1,28V Vcore but my Thermalright Macho Rev B does not cool it that great :(

What would you recommend for my setup?

H100i, H105, H110 <- These are fitting in the 400c according to: http://www.corsair.com/en/carbide-series-clear-400c-compact-mid-tower-case

So i might send it back and get a Corsair Hydro, since i have very much from Corsair (RAM, Keyboard, Mouse, Case and also a new PSU is on the way)

I would recommend the H110i or H115i for the front intake panel. You can choose based on appearance or the other small differences between them. They both offer the same level of cooling.

The other two coolers would fit there as well, but a 280mm is better cooling with lower fan speeds. Normally, I might argue for either of the 240mm coolers (H100i, H105) but I can't guarantee either will fit in the top, which would be their only advantage. The 38mm thick H105 is very doubtful for the top and you could get into trouble on the front with GPU length, although I believe the MSI 1070/1080 cards are shorter and thicker than the other brands.

Yes, I do think one pair of SP140L fans (included with the H110i or H115i) are enough. You can certainly re-task the former front AF140L's to the top for exhaust duties. As I mentioned in post #5, only in multi-GPU set-ups or with a M.2 drive would I be concerned about the airflow from the front and that is more of a means of displacing air from those devices and not airflow through the radiator and CPU cooling. There is no reason not to start with the included set and see how it goes. Chances are you may wish for something quieter, brighter, or flashier before wishing for a second set of fans.

Archived