Corsair Community

K65 doesnt work after PSU upgrade

SkiZe

Hello folks,

some days ago I upgraded my PSU from a 500W noname PSU that i borrowed to a beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 11 750W PSU. Before the upgrade the keyboard worked perfectly fine with CUE but after the upgrade the keyboard doesn't work, even in BIOS mode (switch). CUE doesn't detect it.

The keyboard does get power because the LEDs are on, so I don't think the physical USB ports are the problem. I tried connecting it to USB 2.0 ports (both cables) and USB 3.0 ports. I tried connecting it to the USB 3.0 port that my mouse (which is working completely fine) is using but same problem as mentioned.

I've reset the BIOS, tried updating the drivers in the device manager (everything up to date), reinstalled CUE, all with no success.

Some specs that might be useful:

PSU: beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 11 750W

Mainboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon with latest BIOS

OS: Windows 7 & Windows 10 (both 64bit, upgraded yesterday)

Something that happened after the PSU upgrade was that the saturation in the NVIDIA control panel went back to the standard 50%. Maybe that is useful information regarding my problem.

PS: I upgraded to Windows 10 after the problem occurred and after I tried what I described above.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

SkiZe

Edited by SkiZe

• Corsair Employees
check your device manager to see if it shows the keyboard. Do you have another PC to try the keyboard on? This will help determine if the keyboard was shorted out some how causing it not to work properly. If it doesnt work on another PC, submit a RMA to have it replaced under the 2 year warranty. Assuming you are still under the 2 year

Hello folks,

some days ago I upgraded my PSU from a 500W noname PSU that i borrowed to a beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 11 750W PSU. Before the upgrade the keyboard worked perfectly fine with CUE but after the upgrade the keyboard doesn't work, even in BIOS mode (switch). CUE doesn't detect it.

The keyboard does get power because the LEDs are on, so I don't think the physical USB ports are the problem. I tried connecting it to USB 2.0 ports (both cables) and USB 3.0 ports. I tried connecting it to the USB 3.0 port that my mouse (which is working completely fine) is using but same problem as mentioned.

I've reset the BIOS, tried updating the drivers in the device manager (everything up to date), reinstalled CUE, all with no success.

Some specs that might be useful:

PSU: beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 11 750W

Mainboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon with latest BIOS

OS: Windows 7 & Windows 10 (both 64bit, upgraded yesterday)

Something that happened after the PSU upgrade was that the saturation in the NVIDIA control panel went back to the standard 50%. Maybe that is useful information regarding my problem.

PS: I upgraded to Windows 10 after the problem occurred and after I tried what I described above.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

SkiZe

Before you RMA try this. I recently obtained a K65LUXRBG it was new. I had similar problems to yours in that Win7 and CUE wouldn't recognize the keyboard, but there was power because the keys were lighting up in a rainbow wave effect. After all the blahblabla typical troubleshooting, I asked a very helpful tech @Corsair (Francois) and said I think it needs a "Hard Reset"! He said OK and below is his procedure! Note: the attached bin file for me may not work for you, you may want to double check w/Corsair. AND my reset port was NOT next to the polling switch but on the back underneath one of the foldout extention legs :bigeyes:

QUOTE:

Created By: Francois CS (7/26/2016 10:24 AM)

Hello T,

Let's try a hard reset then.

1 - Please completely exit out of the Corsair Utility Engine Software

2 - Disconnect the keyboard entirely from your system

3 - Using a paperclip, thumb tack, or thin needle, please hold down on the reset button located next to the polling rate switch

4 - As it is pressed down, please connect the keyboard to a USB 3.0 port on your system (please ensure the connector labeled with the keyboard icon is connected only)

5 - A file explorer pop-up (check file explorer if it doesn't) will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED

6 - Please ensure you first delete the firmware.bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the K65LUXRGB_ISP_V205.bin that is attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive.

7 - Insert the keyboard as you normally would to have the keyboard initialize.

Hope that helps ... sure saved me the PIA of RMA :D:

K65LUXRGB_V205.zip

check your device manager to see if it shows the keyboard. Do you have another PC to try the keyboard on? This will help determine if the keyboard was shorted out some how causing it not to work properly. If it doesnt work on another PC, submit a RMA to have it replaced under the 2 year warranty. Assuming you are still under the 2 year

Unfortunately I don't have another PC to test it. In the device manager there are 2 HID keyboards listed, but not more specific.

Before you RMA try this. I recently obtained a K65LUXRBG it was new. I had similar problems to yours in that Win7 and CUE wouldn't recognize the keyboard, but there was power because the keys were lighting up in a rainbow wave effect. After all the blahblabla typical troubleshooting, I asked a very helpful tech @Corsair (Francois) and said I think it needs a "Hard Reset"! He said OK and below is his procedure! Note: the attached bin file for me may not work for you, you may want to double check w/Corsair. AND my reset port was NOT next to the polling switch but on the back underneath one of the foldout extention legs :bigeyes:

QUOTE:

Created By: Francois CS (7/26/2016 10:24 AM)

Hello T,

Let's try a hard reset then.

1 - Please completely exit out of the Corsair Utility Engine Software

2 - Disconnect the keyboard entirely from your system

3 - Using a paperclip, thumb tack, or thin needle, please hold down on the reset button located next to the polling rate switch

4 - As it is pressed down, please connect the keyboard to a USB 3.0 port on your system (please ensure the connector labeled with the keyboard icon is connected only)

5 - A file explorer pop-up (check file explorer if it doesn't) will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED

6 - Please ensure you first delete the firmware.bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the K65LUXRGB_ISP_V205.bin that is attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive.

7 - Insert the keyboard as you normally would to have the keyboard initialize.

Hope that helps ... sure saved me the PIA of RMA :D:

I tried this but it doesn't seem to work. What should happen after step 7?

Thank you for your advice :)

Hello,

I contacted customer support and managed to fix my problem with the help of Zack. He wrote:

Hello,

Please make sure you're using the latest BIOS and USB port drives in your system. Reconnect the keyboard, hold Esc button when you plug it in. Use USB 3.0 port instead of 2.0 port, please leave the power cable (arrow icon) hang. Remove CUE software, install the latest software and reboot, flash the firmware, make sure you disable USB selective suspend (found in the Power Options of Control Panel, Advanced Power settings) before performing the firmware update. And test it on another system if possible.

• 5 months later...