Corsair Community

What is best

worf105

Hello all,

I've got my new systems cooling setup as per the recommended configuration in the user manual of the Corsair H110i GTX but was wondering it I can setup using the ASUS Z170-A headers instead and have the motherboard controlling the fans.

Any advice or guidance is welcome

Thanks

worf105

It's as simple as it seems. Move the radiator fans from the pump to CPU-Fan & OPT. You can put the pump sensor lead on the water pump or another CHA header. Use BIOS or desktop software for fan control. Link would only serve to change LED color or check the water temperature.

I am afraid to ask what 'per the instructions' means. If you put the H110i in the top as an intake, I might take the opportunity to flip it around to exhaust. It's a big ask for the single rear exhaust fan to handle the intake from 4 other fans plus the CPU and GPU waste heat.

It's as simple as it seems. Move the radiator fans from the pump to CPU-Fan & OPT. You can put the pump sensor lead on the water pump or another CHA header. Use BIOS or desktop software for fan control. Link would only serve to change LED color or check the water temperature.

I am afraid to ask what 'per the instructions' means. If you put the H110i in the top as an intake, I might take the opportunity to flip it around to exhaust. It's a big ask for the single rear exhaust fan to handle the intake from 4 other fans plus the CPU and GPU waste heat.

Thanks c-attack for you quick reply

As per instructions was referring to the connecting the fans to the pump via the cable and connection the 3 pin to the CPUheader and having link controlling the fan speeds.

I have had this cooler on my old AMD system in the 750D mounted at the top exhausting out the case and the same setup for my new Intel system.

I will have to find some nice black or white braided extension cables then connect all fans to the motherboard headers as the ASUS Z170-A has 3 headers almost in the centre of the board and I would like the cables running from them to look as nice as possible.

Thanks

worf105

Archived