Corsair Community

First time Updating Corsair Link, a couple of questions please

Reclaimed Soul

Hi Guys,

So i noticed there is a new version of Corsair Link out, this will be my first time updating Corsair link software.

Can i just ask a couple of things before i download and install?

1. Where are my profile settings (Custom Fan settings etc) located? i have looked the the corsair link folder in programfiles x86 but don't see any of the profiles or settings files.

If any one could point me in the right place that would great.

2, Can i install the new version over the old one and will my settings be saved? or should i delete the old and install the new version?

Thanks it took me ages to get my profiles set up the way i want them so i dont want to loose them in a update and have to start again.

Thanks for your help guys

1. C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\, but they are encrypted so you can't easily read them.
  2. I did when I went from 4.2.3.41 to 4.2.4.25 and my profile was still there, but maybe I was lucky. AFAIK Corsair have not specified if the profiles should be preserved.

1. C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\, but they are encrypted so you can't easily read them.
  2. I did when I went from 4.2.3.41 to 4.2.4.25 and my profile was still there, but maybe I was lucky. AFAIK Corsair have not specified if the profiles should be preserved.

Hi Red-ray

Thanks for the reply, i dont have a file in that location but i have found a Clink4

file in C:\ProgramData

Just to be sure would this be the same file?

Thanks

Just to be sure would this be the same file?

It is on this W7 system which also has C:\ProgramData\CLink4\ pointing to them.

You should really add your PC specs to your profile as this makes it easier (possible?) to help you. For W10 specify the build number as the TH1, TH2 and RS1 releases are very different.

All sorted.....

Good.

Archived