Corsair Community

H80i GT LED flashing red when gaming

HipsterPolice

So I got my replacement H80i GT and am really happy with the noise. I have only one fan running because it keeps it a lot quieter and only see 53 C max on load which is very awesome.

However, when I'm playing a game with my GTX 1070 running, after a while I notice that my H80i GT's LED which is normally white begins to flash red until it stays solid at the red mark. It only goes back to white when I exit the game, which is kinda concerning me a bit. I haven't seen the temp go past 52 C or past 65% CPU usage in game though, as I've been monitoring using MSI Afterburner. Currently at light OC to 4.2GHz and 1.2V.

I have a Carbide 400C with 2 AF140 Quiet Editions as intake, and the only exhaust fan being the SP120L coming with the H80i GT. Could this be the reason why it's flashing red? I can fit the second SP120L fan in but I'm more than happy with the (lack of) noise and the temperatures. I put the Corsair Link cable on just to set the fan curve and took it out afterwards, for some reason the replacement H80i GT I got has the USB backwards so it doesn't look good in my case.

I need to see how the H80i GT LED is configured to sensibly comment, so you would need to reconnect the USB cable, run CL 4.2.4.25 and post the LED configuration panel. A screen shot similar to as below would be ideal.

My guess is that your warning temperature is rather too low.

http://i.imgur.com/A2j3Hww.png?1

As I said for me to sensibly comment you need to post a screen shot of your system :brick:.

Lol I'll get to that, gotta sleep for a bit first though. While we're here, in terms of noise would the ML120 be a significant improvement over the SP120 without sacrificing much performance?

As I said for me to sensibly comment you need to post a screen shot of your system :brick:.

So what do you think? And just to make sure, if I ever see water temps past 65 C will that be detrimental to the life of the cooler or am I okay to run it at that temperature?

Archived