Corsair Community

H100i pump temp

Bolo1800

Hi,

I have the h100i and I was wondering what the pump temp should be in a room with around a 25c ambient temp, cause mine is at around 37c from boot. Cpu package temp is at 40c-45c at idle so I'm guessing the pump is cooling properly, but I think that the pump temp is too high to begin with. The pump speed is at 2150 and the fans are at 1400 rpm(costum profile). Even at performance profile when they go up to 2000+ rpm pump temp is not going down that much maybe by 1-2 degrees.

I have this cooler for about 3 years now ,It went through 2 different cpu's and it never performed that good inmo.

Another minor thing that bugs me is that the blue led flashes white every 5-10 sec but I can live with that (even though it makes me look at it lol).

So given the high pump temps should I think about replacing it?

Thanks.

Another minor thing that bugs me is that the blue led flashes white every 5-10 sec but I can live with that (even though it makes me look at it lol).

I have seen this reported before in such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=854850.

What CL version are you using? You could try CL 4.2.4.25 (just released) and see if that has an effect.

If you wish me to comment on the temperatures post a screen shot of the CL4 [Home] tab.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I updated CL to the latest and it's still the same, but like I said it is less important as the cooling itself.

If you wish me to comment on the temperatures post the CL4 [Home] tab.

It's my first time in this forum and I'm not much of a forum guy anyway. Do you mean I should post the pump question in the Corsair Link thread?

Thanks.

The water temp (H100i Temp) looks a bit warm for idle. Besides room temperature, your case ambient temperature is really the actual environment for the water in the system. For that reason, you may need to describe the whole case layout. Is the H100i in the top as exhaust? Front intake? etc.

Was this shot taken after boot? Or after using the PC for a while? Best guess is your case ambient is in the low 30's. +7-9C over that for water temp is a little on the high side. However, if you are running a fixed voltage with no power saving features (Speedstep, EIST) that will add to the idle temp.

So is the higher water temperature at idle a new condition? Did you make any recent changes to the case? (switching fans around, relocated the radiator, take it down for cleaning, etc.)

Ok here are some answers to your questions:

-The H100i is at the top as exhaust.

-I shut down the PC and measured 28c inside, 5 minutes after shutdown.

-Added new SS after the PC was off for 10 min.

Untill 2 months ago I had an i5-760 first gen beast of a cpu ;): since then I've upgraded to the new setup, those temps have been the same as now. Yesterday I reseated the pump with new paste and washers for the backplate and managed to get 2-3 degrees lower. Even with my old i5 the temp was a bit high. I think the idle temps were between 40-50c.

As you can see temps are lower now....I really don't know what's going on.

CL4boot.thumb.png.93b900e84742829564bcdbfb745f30a4.png

Not sure either. When the TIM is an issue, you generally don't get high water temperature since the heat transfer between CPU and cold plate is not as efficient as you want. Warmer cpu temps, but relatively cool water temps.

Keep an eye on the water temperature going forward. It will warm up from room temp to usually about 4-5C over room temp at idle. Take note if it continues to climb slowly past that mark. That usually indicates the early stages of some sort of flow restriction inside the cooler.

Ok I will thanks for the help. :biggrin:

Do you think I would get cooler temps with one of the newer versions, different fans(I'm using the ones that came with it), or should I add 2 more fans for a push pull or maybe with a 280mm rad?

What graphics card(s) do you have in the machine? I know in my case, my R9 390 makes my idle water temps hang around 33°C. Recently I replaced that card with a lower power card, and my water temps dropped to 28°C. The R9 390's are just hot cards (mine idled at 60°C) that use a lot of power.

My point is that your case might not have enough airflow to exhaust the heat from your GPU or it could be that your GPU is just hot and you'll have to live with it or change GPU's.

I have the EVGA gtx780 sc it idles at 45-47.

I'm pretty sure my case airflow is not good enough. I'm actually waiting for the new corsair ML series to show up here so I can get some of them...they look nice and I like the new magnetic idea.

Archived