Corsair Community

How can you make this headset even more garbage than it is? Corsair Void 7.1 Wireless

potisbotis

Not even sure what you did with firmware update 39.02, now i cant even be in a game and stand still if there is sound playing without that insane buzzing sound ruining everything.

Now i have to go argue with the shop i bought them 3 months ago for a god damn switch to a proper headset that doesnt have this crap.

Adjusting to Windows 30 volume was my savior, now it isnt anymore, apparently as long as sound is enabled now the buzzing sound will always exist without any sound playing.

Congratulations.

Edit: To be more fair, CONGRATS, THEY ARE AN AMAZING STEREO HEADSET.

Moment you install CUE and the Corsair Drivers, VOILA BUZZING NOISE.

I have no issues. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, I am running 39.02 drivers, I have no buzzing, and I just watched a TV show and now I am in Counter Strike Global Offensive. I can crank the volume as low or high as I want (no sound on) and they're absolutely silent.

I have no issues. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, I am running 39.02 drivers, I have no buzzing, and I just watched a TV show and now I am in Counter Strike Global Offensive. I can crank the volume as low or high as I want (no sound on) and they're absolutely silent.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit too, running 1.16 Cue and 39.02 drivers.

Its easy to check if the buzzing is there if you arent an amateur.

Turn the Windows Volume to 100, pop up a song on a media player and mute the media player and you will hear it.

The buzzing gets covered if there is sounds playing, but if the sounds isnt as High, or its forced to be enabled without producing any noise you will hear it.

What does it mean to "Turn the Windows Volume to 100"? I know Windows has a volume thing where you can slide the volume up and down, but that's what the volume button on the headset does. Just moves the windows volume up and down. I don't have any speakers. Only this headset.

Anyway, I personally don't know any one who would ever use the headset at 100. That would be so loud. I have it set at 24 in most settings. Only reason I ever go higher is if I have a television show I downloaded that has a lower volume.

What does it mean to "Turn the Windows Volume to 100"? I know Windows has a volume thing where you can slide the volume up and down, but that's what the volume button on the headset does. Just moves the windows volume up and down. I don't have any speakers. Only this headset.

Anyway, I personally don't know any one who would ever use the headset at 100. That would be so loud. I have it set at 24 in most settings. Only reason I ever go higher is if I have a television show I downloaded that has a lower volume.

You really didnt understand how to test? Cute.

Turn the Windows Volume all the way to 100 and you will hear the buzz thats being produced passively.

Its even easier to tell when the Headphones are producing SOUND.

Aka, Run a song on your Media Player-> Open Volume Mixer at Windows-->Mute the Media Player-->Voila, insane buzz can be heard.

The same happens if an application takes control of the headset to produce sound and doesnt produce any in this case World of Warcraft with music turned off but sounds enabled the buzz becomes unbearable, and noticeable even when i have the Headset at 20-30 Windows Volume as i do.

You are very salty, Rather than rant at someone else about your issues try making a ticket and using the support corsair gives out for free?

Yes, At 100% volume I get feedback as well, It's not that loud and normally this sort of feedback is not the headset itself but rather USB interference. Google it and you'll find many threads on the subject.

However, I don't have a issue with it. As soon as I play a game or listen to music its gone. So no problem here.

Honestly I dont know what the problem is. I just updated to 39.02 and so far, no problems. No feedback, no buzzing, nothing. Audio sounds as perfect as it always has. I can crank it up to 100% and mute my media player, there is no buzzing.

It might have something to do with the fact that I use DFX audio enhancer, and USB 3.0. Idk, but it all works fine for me. Also, im running windows 7 Pro.

I'm not an amateur. I'm fairly certain the computer I just put built is better than yours in every way. I just don't see a reason to ever turn a volume up to 100. Let's say you forget to turn it down and then your ears get blown off.

I never said I didn't know how to turn the volume up. I was just stating that I don't need to go in Windows mixer to adjust sound. That's what the volume button on the headset does.. adjusts the volume.

When I had the Astro A50's they had a low noise in them all the time (a slight hiss), even when nothing was playing, but it was not as loud as what you are experiencing. It was noticeable, though. The only way I fixed that was to turn the volume down so my ears couldn't hear the hiss, then turn it back up if I needed when sound was playing. Just like you are doing.

With the Void Wireless I haven't noticed this hiss at all, at normal volume levels. I will never turn my headset up to 100, because I'm not deaf yet. One time I turned it up to around 60, but that was a crappy video I was watching somewhere. It was the only time I ever needed to go that high. I won't even turn it up to 100 for testing purposes with nothing playing, because there is no need to. Am I supposed to crank up the volume just to have something to complain to Corsair about?

I previously stated that I like my Void Wireless SE even with some of it's initial faults better than my $300 Astro A50's. For me, they've lately been working great. I thought the Astro A50's were comfortable, but the Corsair is even more comfortable.

If they make a Void Wireless 2 and make them even better I'd buy a pair right now.

PS - I hope you get high blood pressure from all that salt.

You really didnt understand how to test? Cute.

Turn the Windows Volume all the way to 100 and you will hear the buzz thats being produced passively.

Its even easier to tell when the Headphones are producing SOUND.

Aka, Run a song on your Media Player-> Open Volume Mixer at Windows-->Mute the Media Player-->Voila, insane buzz can be heard.

The same happens if an application takes control of the headset to produce sound and doesnt produce any in this case World of Warcraft with music turned off but sounds enabled the buzz becomes unbearable, and noticeable even when i have the Headset at 20-30 Windows Volume as i do.

Yes, At 100% volume I get feedback as well, It's not that loud and normally this sort of feedback is not the headset itself but rather USB interference. Google it and you'll find many threads on the subject.

Does that USB interference issue still happen to people when they switch from say a rear USB port to a front USB port? I am wondering if it might be the motherboard or the metal I/O shield on the back say. Because the motherboard has USB ports built on to it, but the front USB's are on the case itself, so that might eliminate the problem.

Honestly I dont know what the problem is. I just updated to 39.02 and so far, no problems. No feedback, no buzzing, nothing. Audio sounds as perfect as it always has. I can crank it up to 100% and mute my media player, there is no buzzing.

It might have something to do with the fact that I use DFX audio enhancer, and USB 3.0. Idk, but it all works fine for me. Also, im running windows 7 Pro.

On a side conversation, how to do you like that DFX program? I've never used it, only looked at it since you mentioned it.

So I went ahead and did what I said I wouldn't just for the purpose of this thread. I turned my volume to 100. No noise what so ever. I then tuned it down, played a video, and muted the audio.. turned it up. No noise what so ever. I then un muted the audio and paused the video. Still no noise. I also turned it up before I put on the video, then muted it. Tried to be thorough in testing. Not once has it made noise. I'm sitting here right now typing this post the whole time. No noise.

So, I can only think it's not an issue in all headsets, or it is interference related with the motherboard. I built everything myself so I know everything is quality parts and put together correct. Especially the motherboard, which is a very important component, Asus brand. I had an MSI previously and it was a piece of crap.

So I went ahead and did what I said I wouldn't just for the purpose of this thread. I turned my volume to 100. No noise what so ever. I then tuned it down, played a video, and muted the audio.. turned it up. No noise what so ever. I then un muted the audio and paused the video. Still no noise. I also turned it up before I put on the video, then muted it. Tried to be thorough in testing. Not once has it made noise. I'm sitting here right now typing this post the whole time. No noise.

So, I can only think it's not an issue in all headsets, or it is interference related with the motherboard. I built everything myself so I know everything is quality parts and put together correct. Especially the motherboard, which is a very important component, Asus brand. I had an MSI previously and it was a piece of crap.

The hissing/buzzing does not happen without CUE installed, so its not USB interference, G430 Logitech worked perfectly fine without any interference or hissing for over 3 years.

I asked 3 reviewers to check if theirs did it, they all found the same, this was back in February when i purchased this headset, they all gave me the same answer "Its there, you are right but Volume 100 is too loud, so if you lower it its not noticeable" which isnt an excuse for a 130 euro HEADSET, they had the hissing exactly how i mentioned it so there are 2 things happening here:

They either fixed the problem with the new batch out of the factory and you and a few others have bought one of those, or your ears dont work so well.

There are threads since December that mention exactly what i am mentioning, its the Sidetone being buggy in what seems to be the first revision out of the factory for this headset.

Also, you do understand you are supposed to mute from the Volume Mixer and not the program itself, right?

I dont have a problem with the headset itself, i have a problem with the fact CUE sucks so much i get HISSING, if its installed, not enabled, INSTALLED.

I could always uninstall it, AMAZING STEREO HEADPHONES that i bought for virtual 7.1.

I am not saying yours hiss no matter what, you could have a fixed batch or your drivers dont conflict with CUE so you dont have the hissing, i am saying my Corsair Void, hiss since day 1, i had solved it with lowering windows volume to 30, and the hissing cant be heard anymore, but right now i had to lower it to 20 to stop me from hearing the hissing since i restarted World of Warcraft.

Since WoW, requests the headset to be used for Sound, the hissing is ALWAYS there, like sound is played despite me standing still, so if i am just walking around->Hissing-->Action-->Hissing covered by sound-->Hissing.

We already had this argument 5 months ago Toasted.

The hissing is there since day 1.

3 days waiting on Corsair Support and the ticket hasnt been answered, not much else i can do for now, just waiting on corsair to talk to the place i bought the headset to RMA it probably, which they wont since "There is nothing wrong with it".

So, spoke with support, what they suggested didnt work, the hissing is still there.

Uninstalled CUE, removed any Corsair drivers from device manager and got an idea!

Lets install another surround generating program, why not!

So i went and installed Razer Surround since its the easiest to find then i realized i gifted my sister a razer Naga 2014 that i won from a contest nearby, i registered, got Razer Surround Pro for free.

7.1 works flawlessly with Razer Surround Pro on my Corsair Void, CUE uninstalled, but now i cant disable the lightning but at least i have no hissing anymore!

I mean seriously, how bad can your drivers by?

Maybe my Void special edition is different. I have the Yellowjacket version. It comes with a USB dongle / holder and an extension cable.

I see it's on sale for $99.99 too.. I might buy a second pair just to have, but then I always worry a Version 2 is on the way and will want that.

Archived