Corsair Community

h110i replace fans

magma82

I would suggest skipping the 3000 rpm version. You don't need the airflow above 2000 rpm. It's too loud for general purpose use and it likely won't help your temperatures either. At that point, something else (usually the CPU and voltage) is the limiting factor. The only exception that comes to mind is where you must move more air through that opening, not for CPU cooling, but as a means to exhaust more air from the case. This is not an issue in a normal set-up. The 3000 rpm model also has an 800-850 minimum speed. That will be noticeable at the desktop.

The 2000 rpm PWM model is as much fan as you will ever need. "Industrial" means just that and this is not a silent fan. It has a different pitch than the stock fans and you probably will appreciate it more, however even at the minimum speed (~400), these fans are detectable if the case is on your desktop. I have them on now, but when Summer is over they go back in the box for something that can have a zero presence during the cold (and quieter) Winter months.

Is it loud? I am not sure that's word I would use. The tone is softer that what you have. It is not quiet and no fan that is capable of 1500+ rpm in the 140mm size will ever be that. If you need quiet, stick with the brown a14 pwm version or something with lower speeds. Industrial means just that -- it is rugged, durable, and moves a lot of air at middle and high speeds. This is a high performance fan for heavy duty use.

I switched out the two corsair A1425S12S-2 with noctua NF-A14IndustrialPPC-2000 PWM fans (Black) and what a difference in the sound. Much quieter even on performance mode.

Got a whole 2 days out of the stockers from the H115i.

Actually the temps are close but the quietness is nice,

Archived