Corsair Community

H100i v2, Choosing CPU package group?

Everborn128

Ok so sorry if this thread was already made, I could not find it. So I bought a h100i v2 & i'm trying to get the LED to change with the CPU Package temp, I finally figured that out (I had to change the FANS to cpu package which auto changed the LED light group) THEN the fans kick up to MAX speed randomly when the temp isn't even NEAR the set curve I have set. I have the fans set to the lowest settings 25% all the way up to 100c? For some reason choosing to run the fans off of cpu package instead of the h100i temp makes the fans go crazy randomly, kicks up to max for 2 seconds..then back down.. then max for 2 seconds..waits 15 seconds..does it again? My only guess is the corsair software is not correctly working with the cpu package temp? Both of my fans are hooked into the supplied wires from the cooling block. MB is GA-z68x-UD3H-B3 Rev1.3.

I bought a h100i v2 & i'm trying to get the LED to change with the CPU Package temp

AFAIK this is not possible. I expect the configuration options are the same as in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=861485 and you can't select the group. Compare this to the previous for the H110iGT for which this is possible.

In general this is only possible for CoolIT based coolers such as the H110i + H110iGT + H100i + H80i and not possible for Asetek coolers. Have you seen http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986?

I have not disabled the fan control in the MB, I did not know I suppose to? I thought that controlled the pump? Isnt he pump hooked into CPU_FAN header? It IS possible to make the LED change to the cpu package with the h100i v2, all you need to do is change the group in the fans for the h100i & it auto changes the LED lights to that as well. I also added my PC specs, Holy specs on your system btw!

You should add your PC specs to your profile rather than hiding them in posts.

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? If not you should do.

So I disabled the cpu fan in BIOS like you suggested & it seems to worry great now, thanks!

Archived