Corsair Community

H80i V2 hoses and GPU backplate

CrazyGuy

Hi,

This is probably a silly question but. I was wondering what sort of heat the hoses of the H80i v2 can take?

I installed my H80i v2 as the install manual suggests to do with the hoses on the bottom of the rad but they rest on the backplate of my GPU and because the hoses are so stiff i cannot seem change that. The backplate of the GPU gets pretty hot if I had to guess probably somewhere in the 70 - 80C range should it be anything to worry about?

I did some googling but couldn't really find an answer so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks

-CG

I don't have an OEM specification sheet for the newer line of coolers, however in general most rubber hoses have fluid carry ratings in the 120-150C range. The backplate probably does not get quite as hot the VRM modules that register in the monitoring apps and it is still plenty warm, but no where near the threshold. I don't foresee a wear issue, but I would make periodic inspections to see if the external rubber surface shows any kind of wear or alteration. You are not going to burn through the hose, but you don't want a material transfer onto the backplate either. I would be more concerned if the hoses are putting downward pressure on the GPU. The PCI-E slot connector does not need any extra stress beyond the bulk most recent cards carry.

Is flipping the radiator around with the hoses on top not possible?

It doesn't fit the other way with the hoses on top because the end tank makes it hit the ledge where the top fans are. It doesn't appear to be putting much pressure on the card as the top PCI-E slot on this board is equal to the 2nd slot on the case, this case has a GPU support bracket but I haven't installed it.

When the LED on the pump goes solid red that is a high temp warning? (I'm not using link default settings are fine and i have no headers for it anyway.) I was running a realbench earlier testing my OC when i noticed the light on the pump went red (I did nearly hit the thermal limit of my CPU and shut it off immediately, oops >_>) it went back to white after a few minutes of idle.

It doesn't fit the other way with the hoses on top because the end tank makes it hit the ledge where the top fans are. It doesn't appear to be putting much pressure on the card as the top PCI-E slot on this board is equal to the 2nd slot on the case, this case has a GPU support bracket but I haven't installed it.

OK, then that is the best you can do and I don't see a concern, other than periodic checking of the hose integrity.

When the LED on the pump goes solid red that is a high temp warning? (I'm not using link default settings are fine and i have no headers for it anyway.) I was running a realbench earlier testing my OC when i noticed the light on the pump went red (I did nearly hit the thermal limit of my CPU and shut it off immediately, oops >_>) it went back to white after a few minutes of idle.

Not a warning per se, but a specific temperature. Probably around 60C, but we need someone using Link with the default temperature LED setting to confirm. Some of these coolers can do gradual LED gradient shifting (white-pink-red blends). Others do a hard shift, somewhat overemphasizing the urgency of the matter.

Archived