Corsair Community

CL4 high Temp#2 /CPUTIN/

softerthansteel

Hello!

CL4 reads some strange Temp#2. I suppose this is a cpu related sensor. Everything else seems to be normal. Should I be worried about overheating or change the motherboard?

The MB /msi x99a raider/ have some software for temp control. Should i use it instead of CL4? The power supply unit is hx850i, and to be visible in cl4 it needs to be connected with a cable, right?

Sorry for my ignorance!

PS: CPUID HWMonitor shows the same temp as CPUTIN /108 degrees celsius/ in the temp tab of the motherboard.

Thank you!

cl4.thumb.jpg.4118c2c402836697b0b3a7a2615571c3.jpg

1. CL4 reads some strange Temp#2. I suppose this is a cpu related sensor. Everything else seems to be normal. Should I be worried about overheating or change the motherboard?
  2. The MB /msi x99a raider/ have some software for temp control. Should i use it instead of CL4?
  3. The power supply unit is hx850i, and to be visible in cl4 it needs to be connected with a cable, right?
  4. PS: CPUID HWMonitor shows the same temp as CPUTIN /108 degrees celsius/ in the temp tab of the motherboard.

1. This happens from time to time. Do as I specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 and I could comment further.
  2. I suspect not as almost all maker supplied software fails to use locks to interlock access to the hardware. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037. If you choose to use the MSI software I expect you should not use any other monitoring software.
  3. Yes, you need to connect the USB cable. Having done this all of CL4, AIDA64 and SIV (my utility) should be able to report the HX850i at the same time as they do interlock access.
  4. CL4 uses the CPUID SDK which is also used by CPUID HWM, so I would expect them to report the same. I suspect the best (only?) way to get CL4 fixed is to report this as a bug in HWM to the CPUID SDK guys and hope a future CL uses and updated CPUID SDK.

BTW it's best to use .PNG for screen shots.

Thanks for your attention!

Unfortunately when I start to save the siv report my system shuts down. I'm using version

5.11 x64. This happens when the fill bar reach pmp-bus /somewhere in the middle/. I've tried with "Save Selected", "Save Local", "Minimal" ... all the same. Any suggestions?

Strange, but not unknown and my apologies. If you look at the save file what is the last section? I suspect [acpi-eval], is it?

What happens if you do [save Selected] after deselecting the problem section?

If the issue is within [acpi-eval] then the two files generated by the following command should enable me to fix this. Note it will probably trigger the shutdown.

siv64x -dbghal -save=[initial][cpuid][sensors][acpi-hal][acpi-eval]=SIV_DBGOUT.txt > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more

There is the following note about this on http://rh-software.com/

If there is an issue with ACPI method evaluation (Menu->System->ACPI Eval) then the command siv -dbghal -save=[initial][acpi-hal][acpi-eval]=acpi.txt > acpi.log | more should be used to find and then report the ACPI method causing the issue. The last line of acpi.log will indicate the ACPI method that caused the issue. When UAC is enabled STDOUT is not available so acpi.log may be empty and the information will be in SIV_DBGOUT.log.

Sorry for the dellay. I was able to generate the files only when the [smb-bus] is deselected. The last thing that you mentioned /the command/ is a little bit complicated for me :sigh!: I don't know how to execute this command. I hope the mailed files /siv@rh-software.com/ contains enough info.

Sorry for the delay.

No problem and thank you for sensing me the files. After checking them I expect that Temp #2 is not used on this motherboard and should not be reported at all so you can safely ignore it. Again you should ask Franck to fix HWM not to report it.

[smb-bus] would have been by 2nd guess ;):. Some SMBus devices don't like being read, so all I need to do is add an exclusion for them. To know which device I need to add you need to use the command:

siv64x -dbgsmb - save=[smb-bus]=SIV_DBGOUT.txt > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more

I will reply to your e-mail with detailed instructions.

Archived