Corsair Community

H115i Pump Noise

knives88

I just installed H115i, temperatures are significantly improved.

I did notice a loud noise of the pump and vibration on pipes in performance mode .

The noise is not annoying, it closed case will only warns approaching with all the fans switched off.

Having just installed a couple of hours maybe have some air bubble.

[ame]

[/ame]

Give it a few days (as long as temps remain normal) and see if it doesn't work itself out. If not, go for an RMA.

I have the same unit and I cannot hear it whatsoever even if I put my head next to it.

Even in performance mode it is silent?

If imposed on quite mode is silent.

(Between the two modes I noticed that the temperature does not change).

No, you are not likely to notice a performance difference between the high (performance) and low (quiet) pump modes. The higher speed can be helpful for long duration loads or it you have a lot of internal waste heat from another source. You can run Quiet mode all the time without a loss.

You shouldn't be able to hear the pump at the low setting over the case fans or any other level of low volume room noise. However, others have experienced this issue on this model. Returning the unit is a bit of nuisance, so as suggested, you may want to let it ride for a few days to see if it turns around. If not, either RMA with Corsair or exchange the cooler with the end vendor. High frequency buzz/hum is a little too annoying to live with.

Even in performance mode it is silent?

If imposed on quite mode is silent.

(Between the two modes I noticed that the temperature does not change).

That's correct. I cannot hear the pump whatsoever in either quiet or performance mode, and this is with my side panel off and my head next to the pump.

How are your temperatures? If they are within expected ranges, then it could just be that there is some manufacturing tolerances with the pump impeller itself that vary from unit to unit.

(Also, it's normal for there to be no temperature difference in the two pump speeds. You won't notice any under normal circumstances).

That's correct. I cannot hear the pump whatsoever in either quiet or performance mode, and this is with my side panel off and my head next to the pump.

How are your temperatures? If they are within expected ranges, then it could just be that there is some manufacturing tolerances with the pump impeller itself that vary from unit to unit.

(Also, it's normal for there to be no temperature difference in the two pump speeds. You won't notice any under normal circumstances).

Temperatures are excellent.

After 3 hours of play with cpu virtually always 100% (i5 4670K @ 4,4Ghz), the maximum temperature reached is 70 ° C, with room temperature 31 ° C.

I was thinking of getting the worst performance since I have the fans in pull ( Noctua NF- A14 PWM )

Hi

I just added a 115i and it sounds like yours, did the noise go away after a few days of use?

No pump is still the same noise in performance mode.

For now I keep the pump in quiet mode that does not make no noise.

If in the future I will have temperature problems / noise proceed with RMA.

Archived